- Johnson County Community College
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Johnson County Community College
Position, Department: Part-time Barista, Operations
Type of Position: Part-time Temporary, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule, Hours per week: Varies depending on department needs, 12 hours per week
Pay Grade/Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.75 *Actual pay depends on qualifications
Benefits Category: Partial benefits
Position Summary: Performs duties consistent with coffee bar operations including: operating POS cash registers according to cash handling guidelines; prepare drinks and serve food according to local, state, and departmental guidelines safely and accurately; ensures a high level of customer service and communication; arrives on time and ready to work.
- High school graduation or equivalent, basic math skills;
ability to be on time
- Customer service experience; experience in food handling; cash
To be considered for this position we will require an application
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- 1. Accountability - performs tasks with the best interest of the business in mind. Performance is acceptable when: a. Operates cash register in accordance with departmental standards for cash handling. b. Stocks, monitors, and reports waste and overproduction of food and food-related items.
- 2. Food Quality & Safety - follows local, state, and departmental guidelines for food handling and quality. Performance is acceptable when: a. Recipes are prepared accurately and consistently b. Quality standards are met
- 3. Communication - ensures customers and coworkers are informed of pertinent information at all levels. Performance is acceptable when: a. High-quality customer service is provided consistently b. Understands all aspects of products and services the area provides
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.
Diversity Statement: Here at Johnson County Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students' success. You belong here.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/495112/parttime-barista
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert