- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Internal Position Title: Administrative Assistant*
Posting Number: S02178
Department:: Educational Talent Srch Grants
Position Type: Staff
Job Family: Classified
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical duties for members of the department, including correspondence, phone support, scheduling, and other office work, requiring experience, skill, the use of discretion, and knowledge of College and departmental policies and procedures.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of three (3) years of recent office support or related experience
3. Proficiency in Word and Excel
4. Experience with database management
5. Strong attention to detail
5. Excellent organizational and communication skills
1. Ability to work with confidential information
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish
3. Experience in internet navigation, spreadsheet design, and desktop publishing
Posting Date: 03/20/2023
Expected Start Date: 04/24/2023
Special Instructions Summary: This is a grant funded position; continued employment is contingent upon external funding sources.
Pay Rate: $16.88/hr
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part Time
Total Hours Per Week: 25.00
Monday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.Tuesday, 8:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required: MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Interview Process Requirements: None
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions:
Dept Operations/Processes 75 %
- Updates and maintains database of records that includes, but is not limited to student information, instructor information, class information, and billing information.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar of events, appointments, meetings, catering activities, and/or travel arrangements for department staff.
- Organizes, updates, and maintains office files, manuals, records, bulletin boards, including student database of program participants, etc.
- Collects, compiles, and prepares data and information for various reports.
- Processes payment requests, purchase orders, requisitions and invoices
- Prepares and/or composes basic and various correspondence, memos, agenda items, reports, etc.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of brochures, fliers, and other departmental materials that describe and advertise departmental programs, workshops, events, etc.
- Monitors budget and alerts Director of concerns.
- Sorts and distributes mail for the department.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and forms, reordering as necessary.
Customer Service 20%
- Answers, screens, and relays telephone calls and questions from faculty, staff, program participants and the public, resolving routine inquiries or referring questions and concerns as appropriate.
Other 5 %
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/22862
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert