Internal Position Title:
: Educational Talent Srch Grants
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical
duties for members of the department, including correspondence,
phone support, scheduling, and other office work, requiring
experience, skill, the use of discretion, and knowledge of College
and departmental policies and procedures.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of three (3) years of recent office support or related
3. Proficiency in Word and Excel
4. Experience with database management
5. Strong attention to detail
5. Excellent organizational and communication skills
1. Ability to work with confidential information
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish
3. Experience in internet navigation, spreadsheet design, and
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This is a grant funded
position; continued employment is contingent upon external funding
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.Tuesday, 8:00 a.m.- 2:30
p.m.Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:30
Software Testing Required:
MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Dept Operations/Processes 75 %
- Updates and maintains database of records that includes, but is
not limited to student information, instructor information, class
information, and billing information.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar of events, appointments,
meetings, catering activities, and/or travel arrangements for
- Organizes, updates, and maintains office files, manuals, records,
bulletin boards, including student database of program
- Collects, compiles, and prepares data and information for various
- Processes payment requests, purchase orders, requisitions and
- Prepares and/or composes basic and various correspondence, memos,
agenda items, reports, etc.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of brochures, fliers,
and other departmental materials that describe and advertise
departmental programs, workshops, events, etc.
- Monitors budget and alerts Director of concerns.
- Sorts and distributes mail for the department.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and forms, reordering as
Customer Service 20%
- Answers, screens, and relays telephone calls and questions from
faculty, staff, program participants and the public, resolving
routine inquiries or referring questions and concerns as
Other 5 %
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/22862