Media Studio Technician
- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Media Studio Technician
The Media Studio Technician is under the supervision of the Aztec Student Union Assistant Director of Operations and the general direction of the both the Technical Services Coordinator and Operations Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of the Media Studio Technician is to ensure audio-visual technical support for reservations within the Student Union Media Studio and that its operation is in accordance with guidelines established by Associated Student, San Diego State University, and the Aztec Student Union. Media Studio Technicians operate, maintain, and repair professional audio, lighting, video, and editing equipment. Media Studio Technicians are responsible for scheduling of Media Studio bookings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee set-up, operation, and tear-downs of all equipment including, but not limited to: professional quality sound recording equipment, broadcast lighting systems, film and video recording equipment, and computer hardware and software equipment for bookings at the Media Studio.
- Troubleshoots and responds to technical problems as they arise with appropriate solutions.
- Ensures that all proper practices are taken for the set-up and tear-down of all Media Studio equipment is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, annually, and as needed inspections of all Media Studio equipment as to adhere to proper preventative maintenance practices. Repairs and services all pieces of Media Studio equipment as needed.
- Acts as the facility representative to ensure that Associated Students, San Diego State University, and Aztec Student Union policies are known to users of the student union Media Studio and are adhered to.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the items set forth in Aztec Student Union Student Employee Training Guide.
- Maintains safe, orderly, and clean facilities during bookings occurring within the Aztec Student Union Media Studio.
- Responsible for scheduling all Media Studio bookings.
- Acts as the on-site contact for Aztec Student Union Media Studio clients before, during, and after bookings to ensure that every client's expectations are met in a positive manner.
- Familiar with all applicable codes for places of public assembly in terms of Fire and Americans with Disabilities Act. Ensures all bookings within Aztec Student Union Media Center comply with such codes.
- Completes post booking reports documenting all aspects relating to the booking both positive and negative held in Aztec Student Union Media Studio.
- Performs other duties as assigned with regards to the Aztec Student Union Media Studio.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students' Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Must have previous experience in the set-up, operation, and tear down of professional audio, lighting, video, recording, and editing equipment.
- Must complete Gender Awareness training within 30 days of hire
- Must be capable of communicating policies and standards of conduct effectively express expectations and problems to customers, students, and employees using the facilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be comfortable dealing with the public and communicating with customers, students, and staff
- Must attend all mandatory staff meetings
- Must be capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff and customers
- Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to work well with different work styles
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong social skills and cultural diversity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position (up to 20 hours/week). Flexibility and willingness to work various hours including, evenings, weekends, holidays, and long hours; employee's schedules vary according to business needs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work conditions may vary depending upon the location of job tasks required; may occur indoors and outdoors, therefore requiring exposure to a variety of elements. While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate. The work environment may involve exposure to various elements including but not limited to: chemicals, dust, fumes, cold, heat, noise, vibrations and dampness. While working outdoors, the work environment may involve exposure to various elements including but not limited to: sun, heat/cold, dust, pollens and other environmental risks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to: walking, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, climbing, and working in confined space, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying loads.
Depending on job tasks, physical demands may require standing and walking for extended lengths of time and may require lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and carrying items up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance), and using ladders.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports directly to the Aztec Student Union Technical Services Coordinator and the Aztec Student Union Operations Coordinator
- Generally directed by the Aztec Student Union Assistant Director of Operations
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Range I, Step I - Starting Rate: $16.30/hour
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.
In addition to the A.S. online job application, interested applicants must also submit their resume and an audio/video portfolio of their work to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
To apply, visit https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=100189992039&locale=en_US&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=AssociatedStudentsofSanDiegoStateUniversityPTReqExt
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert