Research and Grant Program Director
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Research Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Research and Grant Program Director
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Dartmouth Hitchock WTRB
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
To support the Principal Investigator, research team, and Department of Epidemiology in establishing and maintaining an efficient research infrastructure. In collaboration with project leaders, this hire will manage the entire life cycle of the implementation science and biomedical informatics research grants of the Brown Lab with a high degree of independence and responsibility for ensuring timely completion of project activities. This position will be particularly responsible for administrative management, strategic planning and cross-institutional investigator communications, scientific writing for grant deliverables including abstracts, papers, RPPRs, etc..
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Eight plus years’ experience in a medical or research environment.
• 5 years’ experience managing large scale grants and/or contracts.
• Administrative management experience and demonstrated ability to coordinate a complex research group.
• Knowledge of grant submission, approval, and funding process.
• Proficiency with computer software such as Adobe and Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office products, and EndNote.
• Skill in use of computer databases for tracking, reporting, and recordkeeping purposes.
· Strong leadership, planning, and organizational skills.
· Excellent prioritization, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of integrity and a proven work ethic; desire to be in a fast-paced,
· Meticulous attention to detail; organized, efficient and able to function while completing numerous, simultaneous, high-priority tasks.
· Ability to interact confidently with scientific community, leadership, and others.
· Ability to oversee daily program activities and manages issues or triage if necessary.
· Knowledge of human resources management.
· Web content development and editorial skills or willingness to develop for preparation of reports, websites, and other communications.
· Training or willingness to be trained in AHA TeamSTEPPS.
· Training or willingness to be trained in implementation science.
· Master’s or Doctoral degree in a related discipline.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Department of Epidemiology
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is funded by a grant. Continuation is based upon available funds.
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Project and Administrative Management
• Manage operational processes for the entire life cycle of research/evaluation activities, including: strategic planning, project formation, developing and implementing protocols, data collection, data analysis, scientific writing, and reporting.
• Responsible for interpreting and communicating the requirements for compliance with regulations and other guidelines/policies of research sponsors, the College, and other institutional bodies.
• Provides oversight to ensure published manuscripts follow journal regulations and Public Access laws.
• Monitor, track, and coordinate project progress to ensure timely completion of research milestones as outlined in grant project plans.
• Exercise high level of judgment and independent thinking to resolve project challenges.
• Lead or assist with the development of project proposals, reports, and publications.
• Ensure all grant guidelines and requirements are met.
• Perform support functions for the project leaders including, but not limited to, coordinating meetings, developing presentations, conducting literature reviews, and taking meeting minutes.
• Create and maintain documentation using Microsoft SharePoint capabilities.
Percentage Of Time
• Develop and integrate communication and management strategies that supports and advance research vision.
• Work with Geisel and other College/ DHMC media offices to ensure regular press releases promoting scientific advancement, individual achievement, and activities of the Brown Research lab.
• Independently establishes, maintain and communicate timelines to coordinate complex grant applications, renewals, progress reports and preparation and submission of other critical documents to ensure deadlines are met to ensure continued funding of the Brown Research Lab.
• Independently coordinate with external and internal partners to complete project activities.
• Respond effectively to requests from senior-level stakeholders to advance the project
Percentage Of Time
Grant Writing and Research
• Draft components of grant proposals, reports and other supporting application and reporting material, edit and review applications to ensure language, overall consistencies and compliance with required instructions and guidelines for submission.
• Create graphics, tables and images pertaining to grant applications and submissions.
• Responsible for EndNote database management, journal compliance, document tracking and archiving.
• Support quantitative and qualitative data analyses to complete research deliverables.
• Design, develop specifications, and prepare professional quality reports for stakeholders.
• Conduct secondary research and writes reviews of current literature to stay abreast of field.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert