- Texas State University-San Marcos
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Professional Fields, Social Work & Human Services, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling, Disabled Student Services, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
University Pay Plan Title
Open to All
$4,700.00 - $5,100.00
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Master’s degree or doctorate in counseling, social work, clinical psychology, counseling psychology or other degree which meets eligibility requirements in Texas for Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Completion of supervised hours for licensure as LPC or LCSW in Texas.
- 4 years of post-Master’s clinical experience with a similar aged population or that which is found in higher ed setting
- Demonstrated experience working with clientele from diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Counseling Center experience
- Experience with managing complex clinical presentations
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Sense of humor
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
Responsible for providing case management support; individual and group counseling for personal, psychological, and adjustment issues, and providing crisis intervention; providing educational workshops; working well as a team member; consulting with faculty, staff and concerned others regarding student issues.
- Provide case management services to coordinate referrals and bridge students to mental health services in the community
- Follows up on referrals to support appropriate connection with community providers & gathers feedback on referral experience.
- Provide clinical services to students with diverse mental health concerns
- Assist with maintaining a database of referral resources and community services in surrounding communities
- Assist with liaison services to community health providers, services, and resources
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the Division of Student Success to provide quality services to students
- Assist with coordination of referrals to SHC psychiatric/medical providers engaged in psychiatric services.
- Facilitate communication between counseling staff and the psychiatry staff, as needed
- Respond to consultation requests from faculty, staff, parents, and students
- Serves as a primary responder for Here to Help Alerts on behalf of the Counseling Center, as needed
- Actively participate in staff meetings, Clinical Review, and continuing education
- Engage with other duties, meetings and events, as assigned
- You must attach your resume, cover letter addressing how your experience fit with the position requirements, and a list of at least 4 professional references who can speak to your clinical or other professional qualifications.
- Position is primarily in-person; virtual working days are available with notice.
- Occasional evening work may be required for programming
- occasional evening or weekend work may be required to assist with covering crisis situations.
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert