This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Science & Engineering Technology
Dept of Physics
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Joel Walker
Professor / Chair of Physics and Astronomy
Sam Houston State University
1908 Avenue J (Box 2267)
204 Farrington Building
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2267
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four
courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination
of teaching at the main campus in Huntsville, and online classes,
depending on the needs of the academic department. Lecturer-Pool
faculty position availability is based upon student demand, on a
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in Physics or Astronomy or
a very closely related field.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Please note: References provided in the References section of
the application will receive an automated email reference request
at the time the application is submitted.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2