Online SME - Fire Protection & Safety
- Unity Environmental University
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Geology & Earth Sciences, Other Science & Technology, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity Environmental University seeks enthusiastic individuals to serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop courses related to Fire Protection and Safety. The SME will work closely with a full-time Instructional Designer and the Dean of Sustainability Studies to design a 5-week, fully online course.
The ideal candidate will possess a masters degree and/or have ample professional experience related to environmental health and safety, with a focus on fire safety.
- Experience in evaluating and managing risk associated with fire prevention and safety.
- Knowledge of fire safety codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of best practices for prevention and risk minimization.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Experience with online teaching and/or distance learners is desirable.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert