- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Internal Position Title
Educational Talent Srch Grants
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical duties for members of the department, including correspondence, phone support, scheduling, and other office work, requiring experience, skill, the use of discretion, and knowledge of College and departmental policies and procedures.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of three (3) years of recent office support or related experience
3. Proficiency in Word and Excel
4. Experience with database management
5. Strong attention to detail
5. Excellent organizational and communication skills
1. Ability to work with confidential information
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish
3. Experience in internet navigation, spreadsheet design, and desktop publishing
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This is a grant funded position; continued employment is contingent upon external funding sources.
Total Hours per week
Monday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 8:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Software Testing Required
MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions
Dept Operations/Processes 75 %
- Updates and maintains database of records that includes, but is not limited to student information, instructor information, class information, and billing information.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar of events, appointments, meetings, catering activities, and/or travel arrangements for department staff.
- Organizes, updates, and maintains office files, manuals, records, bulletin boards, including student database of program participants, etc.
- Collects, compiles, and prepares data and information for various reports.
- Processes payment requests, purchase orders, requisitions and invoices
- Prepares and/or composes basic and various correspondence, memos, agenda items, reports, etc.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of brochures, fliers, and other departmental materials that describe and advertise departmental programs, workshops, events, etc.
- Monitors budget and alerts Director of concerns.
- Sorts and distributes mail for the department.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and forms, reordering as necessary.
Customer Service 20%
- Answers, screens, and relays telephone calls and questions from faculty, staff, program participants and the public, resolving routine inquiries or referring questions and concerns as appropriate.
Other 5 %
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of recent office
support or related experience?
- * Do you have experience with database management?
- * Do you have the ability to work with confidential
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert