General Pediatrics Physician, Department of Pediatrics (F69050)
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Mission or Goal of Unit: Children’s Hospital of Richmond of the Virginia Commonwealth University Health System has committed itself to transforming the General Pediatric Department into a model academic unit devoted to excellence in clinical care, teaching, and clinical, translational, and basic research.
Chief Purpose of this position: The Division of General Academic Pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) at VCU is recruiting an additional full-time academic general pediatrician to join our growing team. Our faculty provides primary care for children and adolescents through age 21 at a major urban academic medical center. VCU Medical Center and Children's Hospital have joined together, forming Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Together, we are a full-service children's hospital that offers a robust continuum of pediatric services, research and education.
Teaching: Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in the area of General Pediatrics. Faculty will provide guidance and mentorship to Residents, Chief Residents, and Fellows when applicable.
Research: Faculty member will have interest in securing revenue through grants and contracts and will serve as a research mentor to other members of the division and the department of pediatrics.
Service: Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, as well as professional through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
Clinical: Faculty member will serve as a General Pediatrician for the Department of Pediatrics.
Other: APD for residency program, 1 of 2 recruitment coordinators for residency program.
- Board certified or board eligible in General Pediatrics
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Experience with education of house-staff, medical students, and others
- Experience with research
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Interest and experience in working with General Pediatrics
- Interested in school based telehealth clinic program
- Success in generating revenue (grants/contracts)
Full time equivalent: 100
Department: SOM, Pediatrics
ORP Eligible: Yes
Contact Name: Robin Songer
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert