Attending Physician (M67284)
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Mission or Goal of Unit: The Department of Emergency Medicine provides treatment for >100,000 patients per year and serves as the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region. Emergency Medicine physicians manage a wide range of acute medical illnesses and injuries from neonates through geriatric patients. The department is nationally recognized for innovative management of chest pain, major trauma, medical management of EMS and for providing medical direction for aeromedical transport. In addition, the Virginia Poison Center is a division component of this department.
Chief Purpose of this position: This position supports the department mission by providing extensive clinical experience in emergency medicine by virtue of residency training and/or board certification in Emergency Medicine. Our department hosts a PGY 1-3 EM residency, a PGY 1-5 EM/IM residency, and several EM Fellowships. Academic rank will be determined by credentials.
- Clinical - Provides direct patient care within the emergency department, supervising all trainees, non-licensedproviders, and non-physician credentialed providers. Clinical obligations will be individualized depending on faculty position assignment. Provides efficient, high quality patient care that reflects current professional practice norms and skills and is consistent with accepted utilization guidelines.
- Teaching -Participates in providing core curriculum lectures to medical students, interns, and resident level trainees. As appropriate, participates in ACLS, PALS and ATLS courses. Provides bedside clinical teaching to all trainees within the Emergency Department. Participates in nursing, housestaff, medical student and paramedic educational programs.
- Research - Actively participates in Departmental research projects when required. May develop investigator initiated studies as appropriate to sub-specialty training and interest.
- Other/Administrative: May serve on School of Medicine, Health System or Departmental Committees as assigned and/or according to interest
- Unrestricted Virginia Medical license or ability to qualify for one
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Full time equivalent: 1
Department: Emergency Medicine - SOM
Contact Name: Sharlene Shannon
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 8042058928
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert