Administrative Operations Coordinator, Office of Admissions
Senior Staff Assistant
Office of Admissions
Posting Link https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/40568
Professional Appointment Term
Posting Detail Information
The University at Buffalo Office of Admissions
is seeking an experienced Administrative Operations
to enhance the overall administrative support for
the Offices of Admissions and Enrollment Management units.
The Office of Admissions oversees the recruitment of undergraduate
and transfer students, and special sessions. Admissions is
responsible for shaping the incoming class and working with units
across campus to enhance and meet the university goals of
recruitment, retention and persistence to graduation.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Recruitment and
Communication Strategies in the Office of Admissions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Marketing and Communications Assistance
- You will manage general office services by maintaining
calendars, handling meeting requests, receiving calls and guests
and assisting units with a variety of office functions.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of Admissions
leadership team and as needed serve as back up to the AVP /Director
of Admissions and the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management.
- As a collaborative team member, you will assist with employee
recruitment and student payroll.
- You will assist with budget tracking and planning, departmental
purchasing, reconciliation, travel planning and reimbursement.
- You will assist in the planning of a variety of on and
off-campus recruitment events, which may include evenings and
weekends (limited travel may be assigned for off-campus recruitment
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Assist with the development and implementation of
- Assist with the management of multiple projects and connect
with partner units.
- Coordinate relationships with third-party vendors and
freelancers, including the gathering of quotes and maintenance of
- Liaise with partner units on brand adherence.
- Assist with special projects.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s
leading public research universities and a flagship of the State
University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and
our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university
dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity
and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home,
UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful
thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others
every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the
University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment
practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with administrative support in a professional
- 2 years of experience in an office management setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License or the ability to demonstrate the
capacity to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a
- Experience working in a college or university setting with
knowledge of the college recruitment process.
- Experience in project management, marketing, public relations
- Event planning experience and the ability to plan and manage
multiple, concurrent projects and ability to meet deadlines in a
fast-paced environment and work in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or similar platforms.
$55,000 - $60,000
Special Instructions Summary
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the
Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that
an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is a background check required for this posting?
Background Check Notification
HR & Finance Manager
Deadline for Internal Applicants
Deadline for External Applicants
Open Until Filled
Date to be filled
Number of References Required
Reference Cutoff Date
Instructions to Applicant
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.