Director of Administrative Computing
- Eastern University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Administrative Computing
This position is: OPEN
Job Number: 807 Posted: 03/20/23 Revised: Location: St. Davids -- Posting Type: Staff
The Director of Administrative Computing, reporting to the CIO, leads the Administrative
Computing Team. This person is responsible to see that the Student Information System and all
ancillary and integrated systems, such as Reporting, Student housing, Financial Aid, the
Learning Management System are kept up-to-date, are functioning appropriately, and that
users of these systems receive appropriate training and proper support. Cross-training is
required and it is expected that all individuals on the Administrative Computing Team be able to
provide reasonable support for the entire portfolio of administrative software. The Director is
responsible to ensure this is the case. While this position does oversee other staff members, it
is more than simply a management position - the workload requires that the director take on a
significant amount of direct responsibility for EU’s administrative software systems, including
coordinating and installing software upgrades, assisting in database administration and backup,
and with web applications.
Position Responsibilities The tasks and responsibilities of the Director of Administrative Computing include, but are not
● Keeping software systems up to date ● Ensuring staff are adequately trained ● Project management related to any software updates or installations ● Cooperating with Director of Networking as needed ● Vetting software requested by departments ● Ensuring help tickets related to Admin software are resolved quickly ● Scheduling Regression testing after system upgrades ● Overseeing staff scheduling to ensure team coverage ● Fostering a good working relationship between colleges/departments and IT
Responds to department requests, and working with the Administrative Computing Team:
● Meets with users and office managers to determine the nature of the need and the goals for the enhancement
● Suggests alternate solutions or reengineering of existing processes as appropriate
● Specifies the inputs for the system ● Designs the processing steps ● Formats the output ● Adds fields and tables to the database and modifies permissions as required ● Modifies and\or creates new screen displays ● Modifies and\or creates new reports and scripts ● Tests and debugs the enhancement ● Makes the enhancement available to users ● Provides training in the use of the Student Information System and other software
● Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
● Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. ● Extensive experience with SQL databases - including SQL scripting and administration. ● Demonstrated experience problem solving - particularly related to systems integration,
data migration, systems analysis, upgrading and troubleshooting, ● Experience with planning and project management ● Experience with user support and training. ● A calm demeanor ● The ability to motivate and clearly communicate requirements and expectations to team
members ● The ability to think logically and communicate effectively: written and oral, to both
technical and non-technical audiences. ● Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or on teams are essential.
Primarily, this is an office-based position. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required to
solve specific problems, upgrade servers, or meet specific deadlines. Occasionally, the Director
will need to meet with other users in office for training, review of projects, or installation of
client software. A valid, current driver’s license and car is needed to travel to other campuses
on an as-needed basis.
About Eastern University
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with its mission and be willing to support the mission and vision of the university. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.
Background Checks Standard University employees are required to complete the background clearance process.
Employment is contingent upon the successful results of an employment background screening.
The employment background screening may include but is not limited to your consumer credit
history (for positions that work with the university finances or alumni funds only), verification of
education and professional credentials, criminal history, driving history, residency, immigration
status, performance, references, and other qualities pertinent to your qualifications for the
Youth Clearances are required for positions with direct contact with children and essential
personnel positions. Employees working with or around minor age children are required to
complete the youth clearance process which includes the following four child protection
1) Affidavit; 2) FBI Criminal Record Check; 3) Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance and; 4) Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check. In accordance with state laws, Act 73 of 2007, Act 153 of 2014, Act 168 (relating to the Child
Protective Services Law), school employees of Eastern University who will have "direct contact
with children" must complete the background check process prior to employment. Results must
be submitted within ten days of receipt.
This description is intended to describe the general level and nature of work performed by the person/people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the person/people so assigned.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert