Job Posting Title
College Nurse Clinician
Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)
Temporary Position Category
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus,
urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from
William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in
Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one
in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library,
community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and
learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening
students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (
HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific
Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded
educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards
Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees
for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State
University system. The College offers Career Education certificates
and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue
their education at a four-year college or university, and
instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second
language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus
community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community
College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values
excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of
students as they pursue their dreams.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
providing direct patient care under the supervision of the area
dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential; assessing
student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date
knowledge in their regular field; continuing professional
development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job
duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics
appropriate to the professional position; assisting with
articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on
college committees and participating in faculty governance,
including accreditation and student co-curricular activities;
assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; and
fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty
member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree,
upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional
occupational experience per the
Los Rios College Federation of Teachers Contract
initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8). For more information
on the step placement process please
$55,171 to $94,109 per year. Additional earnings may be available
for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
Initial annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon
units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and
experience. Candidates not holding the minimum degree requirement
may start at a salary lower than posted above.
This assignment is non-instructional and may include, but is not
- Assessing and evaluating the general health status of students
and staff focusing on prevention, recognition, and early treatment
- Planning, developing, and coordinating Health Services for
students and employees.
- Conducting regular Health Services staff meetings to
communicate inter-office and campus-wide information and discuss
Health Services operational issues.
- Maintaining high standards of professional conduct and ethics
appropriate to their professional positions.
- Working with other college departments to meet the health needs
of the campus community, including such services as emergency
response, crisis management, mandated immunizations and educational
- Providing confidential health counseling for students and
college personnel with referral to appropriate resources within the
college or community as appropriate.
- Serving as liaison to community health agencies and using these
health resources for referral.
- Protecting the well-being of students’ children attending the
campus children’s centers, and college personnel through prevention
and control of communicable diseases.
- Establishing standards and procedures for first aid care;
providing appropriate first aid care as necessary on campus.
- Conducting an on-going program of health education for the
college community through classroom presentations, bulletins,
newsletters, seminars, workshops and other activities.
- Serving as a health consultant to students, faculty, and
- Assisting in and maintaining a safe and healthy college
environment by identifying hazards and recommending safety
- Reviewing and evaluating the Health Services program and
participating in planning to respond to identified needs.
- Developing and implementing new programs.
- Monitoring existing programs and services for applicability,
safety and effectiveness.
- Preparing reports, attending meetings, managing Health Services
budget, and working with advisory committees.
- Assuming special responsibilities as assigned by
- Providing guest lectures on health related topics.
- Assisting with and attending sessions relating to staff
- Demonstrating skill in the use of software technology
supportive of office programs and services and having knowledge
and/or training in the use of computers.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To be determined.
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid,
weekend, and/or off-campus classes/hours.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
7.5 hours per day
The faculty member must hold/obtain and maintain the
necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for external
- Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution,
completed by August 1, 2023 in Nursing; AND , have a
California Public Health Nurse certificate; OR, have a
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; AND , have a California Public
Health Nurse certificate; AND , have a Master’s degree in
Health Education, Sociology, Psychology, Counseling, Health Care
Administration, Public Health or Community Health; OR, hold
a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the
discipline area; OR, the equivalent.
- A valid current California license as a registered nurse.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications
listed above, you are requested to apply under the “equivalent”
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must
attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or
professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum
qualifications listed above. Please visit our website for a sample
letter and information on the
equivalency determination process .
- Los Rios Community College District Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts of College/University Work
- California Public Health Nurse Certificate
- Valid Current California License as a Registered Nurse
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Full-time, Tenure-track Faculty Position
Beginning on (or About) August 14, 2023.
Ending Date, if LTT
How and where to apply
Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with
any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112
during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur.
When education is a requirement for the position, official academic
transcripts from the accredited college/university must be
submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community
College’s COVID -19 protocol, please visit COVID -19
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I certify that the information
provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my
knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements
contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted),
and I release from liability all persons and organizations
furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements,
omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my
application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be
cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been
convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you
are required to complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions
for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been
dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008).
If needed copy and paste the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as
listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from
an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for
this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have
attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this
discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the
Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand
and I meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I
understand that I am required to provide official transcripts, if
required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position,
within 60 days from the time of hire. I also understand that
individuals who have completed college or university course work at
an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and
other relevant documents. For additional information on foreign
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Comunidad
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - Asian Pacific Islander Legacy (API)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group - Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Certifications/Licenses 2
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime