Financial Aid Clerk II (6 Positions)
- Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Title
Financial Aid Clerk II (6 Positions)
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
Student Resources, Financial Aid
Classified (Limited Term)
Temporary Position Category
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under minimal oversight, incumbents perform a variety of complex tasks requiring more extensive knowledge of policies, rules and procedures pertaining to financial aid. For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting click here .
This position is 100% categorically funded (funded by federal or state grants). Categorical funded positions are for a limited term, see beginning and ending dates in this job posting. When the funding ends, the District may eliminate this position due to the lack of funding. If that happens, the District will provide notices to all affected employees explaining their rights under the Education Code and Board Policy. Please also see Frequently Asked Questions regarding this process.
$3,544.62 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
Plus shift differential.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 18 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years), and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. You are eligible for the aforementioned benefits as a regular employee with a permanent assignment of 0.50 FTE or greater. To calculate this position’s FTE, take the number of hours per week divided by 40, to get the percentage of hours worked. Then take the number of months worked divided by 12, to get the percentage of work year. Then take the percentage of hours worked divided by the percentage of months worked to get the position’s FTE (e.g., a position that is 30 hours per week with a work year of 12 months: 30/40 = 0.75; 12/12 = 1; 0.75/1 = 0.75 FTE ). For the full LRCEA contract agreement details, click here .
Supplies information and advice to students seeking financial aid, and directs applicants to appropriate staff after reviewing their needs; assists students in determining their budgets; helps students fill out financial aid applications, and checks applications for completeness; makes adjustments to monetary amounts during awards process; provides applications for outside scholarships, and reviews progress; generates reports from database using financial aid software or similar system to run needs analysis and package student financial aid; sets up and maintains individual student records; composes correspondence, forms and reports; oversees the work of temporary classified staff; completes service work requests, requisitions, purchase orders, maintenance and supply requisitions, and related documents; processes receipts for student loan checks and assists at the front counter.
Explains forms of financial assistance available to students; participates in in-reach and outreach student events; serve as liaison to other student services departments; conducts presentations on financial aid processes; advises students seeking financial aid; issues and explains verification forms and supportive documents; corresponds with students to obtain documentation; completes student loan applications, student time sheets and other related documents; reviews and processes financial aid awards for students; records financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records; reviews and confirms students’ satisfactory progress; performs audits on student eligibility and takes appropriate action; serves as lead to other financial aid clerks; advertises and updates information on outside scholarships; composes award information, memorandums and reports. Performs related duties as required.
Applicants must be willing to work one of the shifts listed below. While preference will be considered, ultimately shifts will be assigned based on the needs of the program.
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday; OR,
10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday, and 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday (Plus shift differential)
These positions will primarily work remote, depending upon the operational needs of the department, to serve the Financial Aid Call Center as part of the Financial Aid Customer Service Team.
Total Hrs per Week/Day
40 hours per week
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION : Three years of clerical experience related to the duties of the position. One year of college course work at an accredited institution may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Promotional: One year of experience in the Los Rios CCD as a Financial Aid Clerk I; OR two years of experience as a Clerk II. (Promotional applies to current, regular Classified employees working with the Los Rios Community College District.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: One year of education is equal to 30 semester units.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Application
- Letter of Interest
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experience considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide official transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here .
Posting Detail Information
Beginning On (or About)
Ending Date, if Temporary or Interim
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College’s COVID -19 protocol, please visit COVID -19 Updates .
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I certify that the information
provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my
knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements
contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted),
and I release from liability all persons and organizations
furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements,
omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my
application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be
cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been
convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you
are required to complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions
for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been
dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008).
If needed copy and paste the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand
and I meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I
understand that I am required to provide official transcripts, if
required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position,
within 60 days from the time of hire. I also understand that
individuals who have completed college or university course work at
an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and
other relevant documents. For additional information on foreign
- * I understand that I am applying to a position that is 100%
Categorically funded. I understand that this means this position is
for a limited term as described in the position summary. When the
funding ends, the District may eliminate these positions due to the
lack of funding. If that happens, the District will provide notices
to all affected employees explaining their rights under the
Education Code, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and Board Policy.
Please also see the Frequently Asked Questions regarding this
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Comunidad
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - Asian Pacific Islander Legacy (API)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert