- Bucknell University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Minority & Multicultural Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Electronic Resources & Serials Specialist
Job No: 497260
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Library & IT
Working collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Collections Strategies and Discovery and the Research Services team, the Electronic Resources & Serials Specialist provides support for Library & Information Technology's academic mission by helping to ensure an enhanced and seamless means of discovery of and access to collections in all formats to drive engagement and bring greater value to scholars.
The Electronic Resources & Serials Specialist orders serials and electronic resources; manages the lifecycle of our subscriptions in the integrated library system acquisitions manager; and maintains Bucknell's electronic collections, including ebooks, serials, databases, images, data sets, and streaming video services. The Electronic Resources & Serials Specialist also hires, trains and supervises student assistants.
Three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability and enthusiasm for learning new technology tools, applications, etc.
Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as excellent coordination and organization abilities
Strong customer service perspective and a commitment to providing high-quality services to the campus community
Experience with serials and periodicals, and/or academic libraries
Demonstrated ability to guide, lead, and develop student employees
This position includes periods of active movement and transporting or carrying materials.
This position is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a non-exempt staff position with a hiring range of $19.41 - $24.26. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
For a full position description, please contact HR-Recruitment@bucknell.edu. Applications require a cover letter, resume and references and will only be accepted online through Bucknell's career site (careers.bucknell.edu).
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497260/electronic-resources-serials-specialist
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert