- Riverside Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time. 04/17/2023
Position Title: Counselor/Instructor - Student Financial Services
Department: Counseling (M)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
College/Campus: Moreno Valley
Physical location of the position: Moreno Valley
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tenure Track (Faculty)
Position Length: 10-month
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $82,292 - $126,792 (includes pro-rata compensation for ten (10) required additional service days)
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
Department Specific Needs: See draft JD for tenure track position forthcoming.
Counsel and advise students with respect to career, academic, and vocational goals. Counsel and advise students seeking financial assistance and scholarship information by completing and carefully monitoring the Student Education Plan (SEP). May conduct financial aid workshops to offer information, guidelines and strategies to maintain the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and donor requirements for all scholarships. The assignment may also include teaching classes in guidance, providing career counseling and support services to students at risk, assisting student with transfer procedures, instruction and class preparation, committee work, high school liaison, student activities, and program and curriculum development.
Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development; OR the Equivalent. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
A minimum of two years of counseling/instructional experience at the secondary or collegiate level is required. Experience within a multicultural work environment is highly desirable.
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, which may include educational and career counseling to a diverse community college student population; providing support services to students at risk; development of educational plans, assisting students with transfer procedures; recruitment and outreach activities; instruction and class preparation; committee work; high school liaison; student activities; program and curriculum development.
2. Other responsibilities may include developing career seminars and classes; evaluating and recommending appropriate career instruments, including computer software; developing a comprehensive career decision-making process for use with undecided students.
3. Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position, and supervising student organizations and co-curricular activities is expected of all faculty members.
4. The instructional assignment will include lecture and/or laboratory classes in the discipline.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, appropriate professional activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date: August 2023
Application Deadline: 04-17-2023
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Mrs. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8595.
Application Types Accepted: Faculty Application
To Apply: https://pa379.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert