Academic Scheduling Specialist, Senior
- Contra Costa Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Academic Scheduling Specialist, Senior
Posting Number: 0001840
Location: Los Medanos College
Salary: $68,436, step 1 - $83,376, step 5 per year (see special instructions for monthly salary)
Under general direction, oversees and coordinates development of a college's master schedule of classes and/or catalog course listings.
This is a team leader position that coordinates academic scheduling for a college: identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problems and issues related to the development and coordination of the schedule to ensure compliance with State, District, and College procedures, Utilizes various computer applications and software packages. Provides high level schedule reports.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produces a variety of high-level schedule related reports; updates, maintains, and communicates data and information to vice presidents, deans, and faculty, including the daily enrollment report. Work collaboratively with Office of Planning and Institutional Research on reports related institutional effectiveness and strategic scheduling.
- Plans and oversees the development of class schedules based on requests and recommended changes from Division Deans, Department Chairs and Curriculum and Instruction Committee approved changes on courses. Analyzes which schedule is more productive based on day and time blocks, number of cohorts. Calculates meeting days and times based on term period (full term, short term) and on student contact hours.
- Determines accounting funding method based on terms, length, and teaching methods. Calculates faculty clock or pay hours and loads and distribution percentage of pay and loads of faculty for team taught sections. Assigns faculty and determine the correct position identification applicable based on the course activity codes (Taxonomy of Programs or TOP codes). Works closely with District HR and District and Campus payroll Unit in resolving faculty pay and distribution.
- Cross list sections based on multiples or families of courses. Assigns applicable restrictions for dual enrollment and other programs sections. Links courses thru prerequisites to be able to apply program laws and regulations for students benefits and assign special billing codes for apprenticeship courses/sections. Assigns grade schemes and subschemas based on letter grades, student choice or pass, no pass grades for both credit and noncredit courses.
- Calculate registration dates for short term sections, open entry, open exit and positive attendance sections. Resolve, coordinate student registration conflicts with District IT, other campuses, Curriculum and Instruction Committee, Admissions and Records. Encode all the gathered information in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Submit schedule drafts to Divisions and Departments for refinement and approval until finalization and uploading of the schedule online. Audit the correctness and accuracy of the schedule prior to activation. Submit schedule reports to Business Office for budget purposes, to College Bookstore, to Middle College High School and Admissions and Records and other Program units.
- Collects and reviews data; projects number of sections for day and evening courses; prepares list of full-time faculties available; projects number of part-time instructors needed; assigns usable classroom space. Assign buildings and rooms to sections based on class size and teaching modes and course type.
- Processes requests for cancellations; confirms that students have been notified of cancellation and advised of alternative available sections. Coordinates transfer of students from cancelled sections to newly created sections. Revise schedules and faculty assignment, pay and load distribution after activation of sections based on Division, Department requests.
- Coordinates dual enrollment programs (Middle College High School and Gateway) room requests for all their classes being held in the campus. Reserves seats for anticipated enrollment from these programs as approved by faculty teaching the courses. Restore seats after their students were batched enrolled.
- Trains and reviews new and current Managers, Deans, Department Chairs, Faculty, classified staff and student workers on scheduling processes and general academic and business procedures.
- Serves as backup for Academic Scheduling Specialists in the event of absence or vacancy and provides training to new hires.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: • Four (4) years of experience performing increasingly responsible administrative or clerical duties in a similar work environment, including at least two (2) years performing technical administrative support duties.
EDUCATION/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE: • Possession of an Associate degree in business office technology from an accredited college, or the equivalent.
- Principals of providing functional direction and training
- Applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations, ordinances, and District policies and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility including Title V (Education), California Code of regulations
- Modern office methods, procedures, practices and equipment.
- District and college policies and procedures related to faculty workload.
- Instructional and Non-Instructional contract rules and regulations.
- Payroll rules, policies, and records relating to faculty time reporting for academic staff.
- Standard business English, grammar and spelling.
- Software used for producing college class schedules and catalog.
- Modern software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.) and database software.
- Design, develop, recommend, and implement academic schedules that will fully support student success and campus organization productivity through higher enrollment of Full Time Equivalent Students (FTES) and lower Full Time Equivalent Faculty (FTEF)
- Perform responsible and complex clerical work using independent judgment.
- Analyze situations, recommend solutions, and make immediate decisions in procedural matters when necessary.
- Perform accurate mathematical computations.
- Effectively multi-task and organize time to meet schedules and timelines.
- Prepare, format, and maintain accurate and complete electronic records and reports.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Utilize specialized software applications and current systems used in the assigned unit.
- Understand and carry out both oral and written instructions in an independent manner.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, and religious background of all students, faculty and staff, and with all individuals encountered in the performance of required duties.
- Ability to multi-task and solve complex scheduling tasks. Prioritize time and meet strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with Colleague, Excel, Access, SQL, Tableau and other scheduling tools and software related building academic schedules and accounting for hours, units and pay associated with the schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication that ensures an accurate and timely schedule and provides an accurate foundation for student scheduling and faculty pay.
Note: New employees will be placed at the first step which is $5,703.00 per month, second step $5,992.00 per month or third step at $6,295.00 per month (depending upon experience). Based on current salary placement guidelines, all step increases for which an employee becomes eligible shall take place on July 1st of each fiscal year. These increases will occur, on annual basis, until the maximum step of $6,948.00 per month is reached on the salary schedule.
Yearly Salary: $68,436.00, step 1 - $83,376.00, step 5
Job Close Date: 4/20/2023
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9566
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert