Manager, Business Office
- American Public University System
- West Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Manager, Business Office
Requisition Number: MGRBU004389
Location: West Virginia, USA
Manager, Business Office
American Public Education, Inc.
The Manager, Business Office is responsible for overall operational and managerial support to the Business Office team through leadership, creative problem solving, workflow management, and solution development.
- Manages staff of senior specialists and specialists to include, but not limited to ensuring daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met.
- Reviews and approves timesheets, vacations, and other time off requests.
- Conducts annual and introductory performance reviews
- Manages performance and responds effectively to address misconduct and performance issues through necessary disciplinary action.
- Leads, plans, trains, and provides operational support to the Business Office Team.
- Works in partnership with management staff of Collections, Accounts Payable, and General Finance on departmental initiatives regarding finance and recruitment as they relate to Business Office roles and responsibilities.
- Assists in developing and successfully implementing workflow and system enhancements to support strategic growth of the business office team.
- Monitors team to ensure all agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved and at a high-level quality to include review of standard reports.
- Creates team training and reference materials.
- Manages development and implementation of team policies and procedures.
- Coordinates research and clean-up to include past due invoices and payment issues.
- Approves cash processing, account adjustments, reconciliations, application, and refunds as necessary for all payments including credit cards, checks, ACH, EFTs, scholarships, and financial aid.
- Assists with monthly close processes to include cash reconciliation and other various monthly reports.
- Handles student and third-party escalation issues.
- Coordinates with other managers on narrative updates.
- Coordinates and assists with User Acceptance testing of IT related projects as is relevant to the team.
- Ensures compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) and Department of Education guidelines in daily processing.
- Works with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact with students and staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Advanced knowledge of financial aid.
- Ability to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to lead and mentor Senior Specialists and Specialists.
- Ability to learn new skills associated with modernization of customer service.
- Ability to solve problems in an ever-changing environment.
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite (specifically Excel.)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a positive work ethic, attitude, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum two (2) years' work experience in accounts receivable or related field required.
- Previous management experience preferred.
Online, on campus and in the workplace, we provide higher education and training to our country's heroes - military service members, veterans, nurses, government employees, and motivated professionals that want to make a difference. American Public Education, Inc. educates service-minded students, ranging from the military, public service, federal agencies, and nursing communities, through American Public University System (APUS), Hondros College of Nursing (HCON), Rasmussen University and Graduate School USA (GSUSA).
It is the policy of American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public Education, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado, California, Washington and NYC Pay Transparency Statement
If you are a resident of Colorado, California, Washington or New York City and this role is available remotely, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/b66d4325-6be5-4691-ab44-c96532dee1ff/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=13e63879-6c75-4f7a-80fe-a0f162c56b1b jeid-ffa7b7f749d10044a32b7616a27e0ff0
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert