Adjunct Instructor, Horn
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art, Music, Other Arts, Performing Arts, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Arts Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Location : Hickory, North Carolina
The Lenoir-Rhyne University College of Fine Arts and Communication (Hickory Campus) invites applications for an adjunct instructor of horn. Appointment begins August 2023.
We seek a colleague willing to become an engaged and collaborative member of Lenoir-Rhyne University’s thriving music community. Primary responsibilities include teaching applied horn to undergraduate students at all levels. The ideal colleague will have a passion for working within a liberal arts context that nurtures the growth of the whole person. This position offers a semester-by-semester contract based on university needs and student enrollment.
Education and Experience
The ideal colleague will have a master’s degree in music, or a related field, plus teaching experience in a studio setting.
- Ability to meet and communicate with students in a one-on-one setting
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check
Diversity and inclusiveness are integral to the university’s commitment to excellence in research, engagement and education. We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with people from diverse backgrounds and/or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.
While completing the application, candidates will be prompted to submit a:
- Letter of Application specifically discussing how one’s professional experiences and perspectives related to the needs of the position
- Curriculum Vitae or resume including the names and addresses of three references
- Link to website, portfolio, and/or performances, if applicable
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert