- California State University- East Bay
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 3, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Other Communications, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Conference & Special Event Administration, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Salary and Benefits
PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $5,022.00 per month to $6,000.00 per month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick leave, 14 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit our benefits website. The CSU Total Compensation Calculator demonstrates the significance of our benefits package.
This position may be eligible to participate in the Cal State East Bay hybrid telecommute program subject to management approval.
Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt II
About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
About the Position
The Office of Student Outreach provides comprehensive services to prospective freshman and transfer students, middle and high school students, community college students, and the members of the community-at-large who are seeking information or services from the University relative to outreach, recruitment and pre-admission for the purpose of admission to the university.
Reporting to the Director of Student Outreach, the Events & Strategic Partnerships Specialist develops, directs, and oversees a broad range of programs and software that support the prospective student experience as it relates to events (including the outreach calendar for the department). The Specialist has a strategic role in developing events and communication plans to support long-term objectives through all events by identifying the needs of the department and all university-wide partners, collaborating with community-based partners, and translating the results of research into strategic events and communications efforts to better position the university to reach enrollment goals. This role develops the strategies through analysis of prospective student data from the customer relationship management (CRM) tools and other software used by the department. The incumbent will provide high quality service for the department to prospective students, applicants, admitted students, their families, and counselors and educators in the community. The position supports the efforts and goals of the Office of Admission and Outreach to promote CSUEB awareness in designated market territories, to promote the yield of admitted students, and to engage with campus partners to ensure that our "clientele" receive information on the vast university resources available.
The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining key relationships and partnerships with relevant internal and external constituents to ensure consistent, relevant, and positive information about the university is strategically used in the implementation and marketing of all Outreach events. As one of the initial representations of the university, the events play a significant role in recruitment efforts and the incumbent is expected to work with a high level of acumen. The position is expected to be innovative, strategic and creative in producing recruitment events and ongoing oversight of communication materials on the Outreach website. The incumbent is expected to be a team player who serves as a collaborative, flexible and well organized leader with excellent interpersonal communication skills and interactions with all constituencies. This position must exhibit a strong work ethic including punctuality and reliability, as well as professional demeanor.
Provide leadership, analysis, and administration of event implementation, marketing strategies, and other prospective Student Outreach:
- Provide leadership, analysis, and administration of Student Outreach Events & Marketing to ensure the cohesive branding and messaging of the university.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan using innovative approaches to recruiting and yielding prospective students by combining events, marketing, and fulfillment in one cohesive outreach effort.
- Build and foster key strategic partnerships for Student Outreach, both internal and external to the university, to create more impactful events & marketing.
- Serve as a liaison for Student Outreach to other campus units involved in university communications, branding, and large-scale events that help increase the university’s enrollment efforts.
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications Specialist (PA/CS II)
- Create, organize and oversee a regular communication plan for clientele for annual activities, to include various mediums of communication.
- Work with University Communications to initiate advertising, printing, signage, invitation mailing, and media notifications for all outreach and recruitment activities and events.
- Work with University Communications to create concepts for publication pieces that may further promote events and contribute to recruitment goals, including proofing and editing publications.
- Using analytics and strategic planning outcomes, plan and implement strategies to increase the university enrollment through programs and specific digital, print, and outdoor marketing channels.
- Assess, recommend, and help implement new technology platforms (i.e. TargetX, YouVisit)
- Configure and develop reports relevant to the tracking and effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Work closely with ITS on all communication aspects using Salesforce, and operation of the prospective database including the tracking of sources for interest and applications.
- Analyze and report on applicant data such as sources and yield rates at each stage of the process.
- Report on strategies being implemented that contribute to the university’s initiatives and goals.
- Analyze trends utilizing data and reports from various platforms including the CRM and TargetX. Use this data to recommend strategies for student outreach marketing and communications.
- Maintain content for outreach and event related websites, including general event information, registration processes for attendees and campus partners/volunteers, and confirmations.
- Assess web content regularly to ensure that relevant and up to date information is presented and make necessary recommendations for an increased and successful online presence.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications Specialist to curate content for outreach and recruitment publications, ensuring the content is accurate and relevant, and easy for prospective students and their families to comprehend.
- Collaborate with other departments on campus to garner information so communications are comprehensive, and strategize on cohesive outreach and marketing efforts.
- Contribute to all forms of publications development and coordination including events and recruitment promotion in collaboration with other departments on campus.
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate outreach efforts including the academic colleges.
- Ensure proper analysis and reporting for quarterly and annual reporting purposes.
- Develop the strategic plan of the Fulfillment Center, in partnership with the Director and the Events & Fulfillment Center Coordinator, to connect the enrollment goals of the university with the marketing materials, mailings, and CSUEB merchandise that are used as an information and recruitment tool for prospective students.
- Create and maintain fulfillment center schedule in sync with the marketing and events calendars and provide to the department each term.
- Lead the team to plan communication flows to market segments (such as CRM, email, and printed materials) and program applicable systems to generate correspondence as required.
- Special projects or unanticipated needs may result in other duties being assigned as it relates to preadmission, recruitment and yield activities.
- Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Ability to quickly develop basic knowledge about CSUEB and CSU admission policies and procedures to be able to share with clientele.
- Ability to carry out complex assignments without detailed instruction.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively, individually and in group settings, with campus/department programs and the general public including diverse students and their family members.
- Ability to reason logically, analyze, and define organizational and operating problems, and implement appropriate responses.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan, coordinate, and initiate actions necessary to implement administrative or group decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with PeopleSoft, e-mail, internet browsing software, Acrobat, MS Office Applications (including experience with budget templates), social media outlets.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes some evening and weekend work.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Advertised: April 06, 2023 (6:10 PM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert