Assistant to the Associate Vice President - Administrative Support Coordinator II
- California State University- East Bay
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Salary and Benefits
PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $4,000.00/month to $4,850.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
This position may be eligible to participate in the Cal State East Bay telecommute program subject to approval by the appropriate administrator.
About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
About the Position
As the Assistant to the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Facilities Development and Operations (FDO), this position is primarily responsible for providing day-to-day support to the AVP and the Directors of FDO. The incumbent performs administrative duties, managing project-based assignments, and supports sustainability programs. This position requires knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies, procedures, goals and objectives regarding facilities maintenance, capital projects, funding sources, and sustainability goals. The incumbent must communicate regularly with the AVP and other managers, have effective communication skills, and be able to work independently.
The AVP also serves as the Executive Facilities Officer (EFO), representing the campus for the Chancellor’s Office. The incumbent must support the AVP by providing facilities reports, database, and presentation material to the Chancellor’s Office.
Provide Administrative Support:
- Serve as a main point of contact for the AVP and respond by email, phone or in person.
- Provide administrative support to managers in FDO.
- Maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, file and safeguard confidential documents, and communicate on behalf of the AVP when necessary.
- Coordinate FDO department wide meetings and provide documents required for the meetings, take meeting minutes for record keeping, and provide follow ups.
- Lead administrative tasks and requests for information from FDO.
- Support event activities and arrange catering services when needed.
- Lead correspondence and reporting to the Cal State University's Chancellor’s Office (CO).
- Maintain contacts and work with the CO, as well as the City and County offices.
- According to CO guidelines and deadline requests, compile, create and coordinate the submission of new reports, standardized reports, and compiled reports to the CO. Reports shall include sustainability, deferred and renewal programs, capital project updates and other requests.
- Oversee FDO channel to be launched.
- Communicate FDO updates on construction, building maintenance, and any disruptions that might impact customers and campus operations.
- Coordinate updates for the FDO website.
- Provide presentation materials to support the AVP’s meetings by utilizing PowerPoint and other software programs.
- Work with the CO to maintain the annual Delegation of Authority management plan and facilities reports.
- Maintain and develop the department's process flowcharts and organizational charts.
- Update and maintain the FDO website.
- Coordinate FDO initiatives on safety and staff engagement.
- Support Administrators (MPP's) in coordinating events, activities and tasks as needed.
- Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic.
- The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and coordinating skills, and be a team player.
- Proficiency in the use of office software, specifically Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using standard office equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of University personnel as well as off-campus professional agencies.
- Ability to effectively listen and understand sensitivity and awareness in relating to individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to anticipate conditions/plan ahead; ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to take on new projects/methods, willingness to support organizational goals, flexibility in response to changing circumstances.
- Ability to handle situations/problems of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Ability to work independently in all areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of University organization and chain of command, administration and management structure, and protocols.
- Ability to analyze and compile data.
- Ability to handle complex problems and assignments.
- Ability to proactively handle responsibilities and assignments.
- Ability to navigate Cal State East Bay’s webpage in order to provide correct guidance to constituents.
- Ability to participate in procurement card and purchase order training, and apply knowledge in performing related duties.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Advertised: February 20, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert