Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on
qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range
of $4,000.00/month to $4,850.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes
medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b),
dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance,
vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and
tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
This position may be eligible to participate in the Cal State East
Bay telecommute program subject to approval by the appropriate
About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the
Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay
shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an
ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the
many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in
Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a
significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is
one of 23 universities of the California State University system
(CSU). Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and
globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic
innovation, student success, engaged and service learning,
diversity, and sustainability.
About the Position
As the Assistant to the Associate Vice President (AVP) of
Facilities Development and Operations (FDO), this position is
primarily responsible for providing day-to-day support to the AVP
and the Directors of FDO. The incumbent performs administrative
duties, managing project-based assignments, and supports
sustainability programs. This position requires knowledge and
understanding of all relevant policies, procedures, goals and
objectives regarding facilities maintenance, capital projects,
funding sources, and sustainability goals. The incumbent must
communicate regularly with the AVP and other managers, have
effective communication skills, and be able to work
The AVP also serves as the Executive Facilities Officer (EFO),
representing the campus for the Chancellor’s Office. The incumbent
must support the AVP by providing facilities reports, database, and
presentation material to the Chancellor’s Office.
Provide Administrative Support:
- Serve as a main point of contact for the AVP and respond by
email, phone or in person.
- Provide administrative support to managers in FDO.
- Maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, file and safeguard
confidential documents, and communicate on behalf of the AVP when
- Coordinate FDO department wide meetings and provide documents
required for the meetings, take meeting minutes for record keeping,
and provide follow ups.
- Lead administrative tasks and requests for information from
- Support event activities and arrange catering services when
Coordination of Reports with Chancellor’s Office and external
- Lead correspondence and reporting to the Cal State University's
Chancellor’s Office (CO).
- Maintain contacts and work with the CO, as well as the City and
- According to CO guidelines and deadline requests, compile,
create and coordinate the submission of new reports, standardized
reports, and compiled reports to the CO. Reports shall include
sustainability, deferred and renewal programs, capital project
updates and other requests.
Communicate FD&O Updates Campus wide:
- Oversee FDO channel to be launched.
- Communicate FDO updates on construction, building maintenance,
and any disruptions that might impact customers and campus
- Coordinate updates for the FDO website.
Prepare reports and presentation material:
- Provide presentation materials to support the AVP’s meetings by
utilizing PowerPoint and other software programs.
- Work with the CO to maintain the annual Delegation of Authority
management plan and facilities reports.
- Maintain and develop the department's process flowcharts and
- Update and maintain the FDO website.
Coordination of FDO Initiatives:
- Coordinate FDO initiatives on safety and staff engagement.
- Support Administrators (MPP's) in coordinating events,
activities and tasks as needed.
Other duties as assigned
- Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office
procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand and operate in a variety of
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic.
- The ability to use and quickly learn new office support
technology systems and software packages is also a
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a
high school program, technical/vocational program, or their
equivalents combined with several years of related office work
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a
demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and coordinating
skills, and be a team player.
- Proficiency in the use of office software, specifically
Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using standard office equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of University
personnel as well as off-campus professional agencies.
- Ability to effectively listen and understand sensitivity and
awareness in relating to individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to anticipate conditions/plan ahead; ability to
establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to take on new projects/methods, willingness to
support organizational goals, flexibility in response to changing
- Ability to handle situations/problems of a highly confidential
and sensitive nature.
- Ability to work independently in all areas of
- Knowledge of University organization and chain of command,
administration and management structure, and protocols.
Condition(s) of Employment
- Ability to analyze and compile data.
- Ability to handle complex problems and assignments.
- Ability to proactively handle responsibilities and
- Ability to navigate Cal State East Bay’s webpage in order to
provide correct guidance to constituents.
- Ability to participate in procurement card and purchase order
training, and apply knowledge in performing related duties.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan,
as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal
records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses,
certificates, credit history, professional references and/or
verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State
East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the
selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check
reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the
candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of
current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered
All background checks are conducted through the university's third
party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the
University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not
discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age,
ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration
status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to
the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a
stimulating learning environment for its diverse student
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East
Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit
our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus
security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East
Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or
Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated
reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus
facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or
religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a
currently open search process should be prepared to comply with
this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
February 20, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard