Research Nurse Practitioner, Stravitz-Sanyal Institute for Liver Disease and Metabolic Health
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Nursing, Pediatrics, Surgery
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine is a premier academic medical center located in the heart of Richmond. Accounting for almost half of VCU’s sponsored research, the School of Medicine is internationally recognized for patient care and education. All full-time university staff are eligible for VCU’s generous benefits package that includes: competitive health benefits, paid annual and holiday leave, retirement planning and savings options, tax-deferred annuity and cash match programs, Virginia Retirement System (VRS), professional development & certifications, tuition waiver, parental leave, caregiving leave and community service leave. Learn more about VCU’s benefits here: https://hr.vcu.edu/careers-at-vcu/why-work-at-vcu/
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Research Nurse Practitioner directs the clinical course of research participants in clinical trials, assures study participant safety, and manages clinical research protocols and procedures for the Stravitz-Sanyal Institute for Liver Disease.
Responsibility 1 (25%): Direct Research Patient Care
- Task 1: To see patients (inpatient and outpatient) who are being considered for clinical trials or are in clinical trials or clinical research studies.
- Task 2: To be available to see patients enrolled in clinical trials for unscheduled visits based on clinical need
- Task 1: To enroll and follow study mandated clinical procedures in patients participating in clinical research or trials
- Task 2: To implement study procedures under supervision of PI’s with respect to hepatology patients being enrolled in research studies.
- Task 3: To learn and manage patients who are undergoing metabolic chamber studies
- Task 4: To specifically coordinate activities between transplant team and research team and addiction medicine and other providers as needed to ensure seamless integration of clinical research and clinical care
- Task 5: To help write protocols and support the PI in ensuring compliance
- Task 6: Provide supervision to clinical coordinators working on specific protocols
- Task 7: To participate in administrative meetings with SSI administrative team and project managers to help facilitate successful completion of both investigator-initiated studies and sponsored research
- Task 8: To provide feedback and communications to referring providers about status of patients enrolled in trials that the APP sees in clinic or in hospital
- Current RN licensure in Virginia
- License to practice as an NP in the specialty area in the Commonwealth of Virginia Prescriptive Authority when required
- 2 years of experience as an RN
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program specific to area of practice
- Applicants with current advanced practice licensure may be within one semester of graduation from obtaining an MSN degree or higher, which must be completed within six months of hire to continue employment
- 2 years of clinical research experience
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
- Experience with patients with renal dysfunction in end-stage liver disease, neurological dysfunction in end stage liver disease, alcoholic hepatitis, early liver transplant for alcoholic hepatitis, cirrhosis and decompensated cirrhosis
The School of Medicine continuously strives for our workplace and learning environment to reflect the demographic and social milieu of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
VCU is committed to hiring veterans! VCU will include a veteran's period(s) of military service in the calculation of their annual leave accrual rate. This may provide veterans with an increased leave accrual!
Salary Range: $90,000 - $135,000
Department: SOM SSLI
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt
University Job Title: Nurse Practitioner 1-3 (21271-21273)
ORP Eligible: Yes
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert