Operations Technical Analyst
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 17, 2023
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Operations Technical Analyst is responsible for providing critical support in the maintenance, testing and completion of PeopleSoft and DocuSign processes for the Office of the Registrar. These processes directly affect the accurate and timely intake and processing of documentation for current and prospective students. The Operations Technical Analyst manages electronic and paper documents to enable the efficient delivery of quality customer service while maintaining compliance with California State University (CSU) policies and government regulations. Working independently under limited supervision, with over 100,000 documents impacting over 14,000 students, the Operations Technical Analyst applies expert content knowledge and technical savvy to process improvements. This incumbent develops, tests, and implements new processes, while collaborating closely with management and administrative support staff to affect changes. This incumbent maintains an accurate and transparent workflow and technical information system to enhance productivity and maintain quality control. They will support the delivery of accurate information for the benefit of students and the university community and provide technical direction to operational staff in document processing activities and technical and operational updates. The position will also serve as the primary liaison to the diploma third party vendor and have the responsibility of supporting the completion of diploma-related tasks. As a member of the Office of the Registrar, the position will contribute to the timely and accurate completion of enrollment-related reports and tasks during specific periods and peak times and on as needed basis.
- Analyses and implements PeopleSoft Student Records Module technical changes
- Participates in testing of maintenance packs and ad hoc fixes released by the CSU CMS; report test results following established protocols
- Contributes to the development and compilation of documentation on PeopleSoft functionalities and processes
- Assists the Office of the Registrar management team in the timely completion of various enrollment-related processes, including the creation of grade rosters, grade postings, grade lapse, registration appointments, and expedited matriculation of former SJSU students
- Keeps current operating knowledge of PeopleSoft processes and procedures
- Reviews and approves requests for duplicate diplomas/certificates following current established procedures
- Works with the Communication Analyst and the Office of the Registration management team in informing students and alumni about diploma services provided by the Office; publishes information on the department website.
- Aligns with EM customer service goals by ensuring accurate, timely, and accessible information to students through in person front counter customer service, email, chat, phones, and QLess.
- On as needed basis, serves as backup to the Office of the Registrar Communications Analyst to ensure that important and routine communication to students is sent out and website updates are made in a timely manner
- On as needed basis, provides additional support to the Registration and Records unit in reviewing student records and performing routine student requests
- Develops electronic document templates using DocuSign or similar systems
- Serves as the primary contact in the Office of the Registrar regarding all matters related to DocuSign
- Knowledge of methods, procedures, practices, and activities of international admissions
- Ability to interpret and apply program rules and regulations
- Knowledge of student program administration principles, practices, and methods
- Ability to understand and interpret documents from foreign educational institutions
- Knowledge of technology and software applications such as: word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and communication tools
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to plan and execute multiple work priorities, organize, and plan work and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices
- Ability to coordinate different tasks; determine relative importance of each, set deadlines and complete projects accordingly
- Ability to review processes and identify deviations from appropriate policies or procedures; ability to trace processing errors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, basic methods for research and statistical analysis
- Ability to recommend initiatives and changes to improve quality and services
- Determines the importance of each task, and completes functions according to established deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively plan, assign, coordinate and lead a variety of functions
- Maintains confidential data and follows Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent training
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent training
- Three (3) years of professional work experience in student records or a related field (educational, medical, financial, county, etc.)
- Three (3) years or more of experience in a high-volume setting providing excellent customer service in higher education or related environment
- Experience with databases (i.e.: PeopleSoft, Banner, DocuSign, FileMaker Pro, Excel Spreadsheet, or comparable databases)
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting documents as prescribed by university policies, and disseminating information to others
- Experience with complex documents, decipher them, and take the appropriate action on the student records
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Non-Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,850/month - $5,165/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,518/month - $6,791/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: March 17, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert