Program Director, School of Nursing and Public Health
- University of New England
- Portland, Maine
- Commensurate with role and experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Health & Medicine, Nursing, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
A visionary leader who will grow and build on the strong programs that already exist in the University of New England, Westbrook College of Health Professions, School of Nursing and Population Health (SONPH). The Program Director oversees all aspects of the undergraduate nursing and public health programs. This includes a traditional 4-year baccalaureate of science in nursing (BSN) program, two yearly entry points of a 16-month accelerated BSN (ABSN) program, and a BS in public health. The Program Director, responsible for oversight and supervision of faculty and staff, will provide visionary leadership addressing program organization, development, expansion and outreach cultivating external partnerships. Duties also include budgetary oversight with sound, fiscal management. The Program Director will support faculty in a shared-governance approach while working collaboratively with the Dean of the Westbrook College of Health Professions and leadership at the University of New England.
- Provide direction and leadership for nursing and public health programs Provide leadership and mentorship for faculty and staff development Support research and scholarship endeavors Conduct annual performance evaluations, develop progress plans and Retention Promotion Tenure reviews as indicated. Curricular oversight (course offerings, class schedules, faculty assignments, content delivery and evaluation). Collaborate with other Program Directors, Deans, and Administration Communicate regularly with the Dean of the Westbrook College of Health Professions Collaborate with other university offices to optimize processes and efficiency Represent the SONPH with stakeholders within the College, University, Community, and stakeholders external to UNE Support and facilitate interprofessional activities and initiatives at the College and University levels Support and develop curricular and extracurricular activities in the Interprofessional Simulation and Innovation Center (ISIC) Lead strategic planning activities for multiple programs within the SONPH Be accountable for comprehensive program/curriculum review and academic assessment processes Lead and demonstrate accountability for program accreditation including annual program evaluation plans Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulatory agencies Develop and manage the program budget Explore alternate sources of funding support including extramural grants Strong, open leadership style that is transparent in nature. Values faculty governance and faculty autonomy. Facilitates team building and collaboration.
- Earned doctorate (PhD, DNS, DNP, EdD) Master’s Degree or higher in Nursing Current and active license or eligibility as a registered professional nurse in Maine Record of administrative leadership of multiple programs. Demonstrated record of new program/and or course development Have an active research/translational research agenda with demonstrated track record of extramural funding Have a minimum of four years teaching at the Baccalaureate level Progressive evidence of leadership experience in the areas of administration, and education Sophisticated understanding of contemporary issues in nursing and population health education Experience in curriculum development and assessment. A background check may be required
Administrative supervision is received from the Dean of the Westbrook College of Health Professionals.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert