IT Project Manager, Senior
Information Tech Services
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity,
vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by
delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and
- This position is open to out of state candidates:
- This position is an out of state position which allows the
incumbent to complete their work in a state other than Arizona with
or without accommodation. The incumbent may work in a remote,
in-person, or hybrid modality.
- This position is open to remote/hybrid worksites :
- This position is a remote position which allows the incumbent
to complete their work at a location other than an NAU site,
campus, or facility with or without accommodation. The incumbent
may occasionally work in a shared site, but primarily will work
NAU ITS Plan/Implementation & Ed Services is hiring one (1) IT
Project Manager, Senior. This position will act as a leader in
project management services to supply end users with information
systems and manages the scope and budget of new projects to ensure
timely development and rollout. The successful candidate will be
expected to coordinate and follow the time frame and budget for
projects to guarantee completion to university
Project and Change Management - 75%
- Establishes standard project management principles and
guidelines to support IT-related projects and systems
- Manage IT-related projects and systems implementation.
- Ensures that projects are completed to specification, within an
established time frame and budget.
- Manages and updates project data to ensure access to accurate
and timely information.
- Applies standard project management methodologies to manage
scope, timing, and budget.
- Implements “people-focused” change management best practices
following the ProSci methodology adopted by the university.
Process Improvement - 10%
- Identifies and creates opportunities for business process
improvements within the PPMO and works with the team lead to review
and implement as appropriate.
- Leads gathering of basic information related to university
project budget and timeline to be used for recommendations.
- Develops and provides project management trainings and
workshops for university staff responsible for project management
within their divisions.
Portfolio Management - 10%
- Lead the review and monitoring of responsible area portfolios
and project health to ensure accurate data for reporting, project
analytics, and trend analysis.
- Actively collaborate with one or more university divisions to
maintain accurate management of their portion of the enterprise
Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-call duties may be required for this position.
- Delegates to lower-level staff.
- Mentors lower-level staff and student employees.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; AND,
- 3 or more years of relevant experience; OR,
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Master's degree in related field.
- Professional certification in project management from an
established authority such as the Project Management Institute
- 2-4 years' experience acting in official role of project
manager on higher education relative specific technology projects;
(i.e., LMS, ERP, CRM, Custom development, Mobile App development,
or technology infrastructure).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of operating systems, application
development, database management, and interface engines.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Knowledge of IT project management best practices.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, meeting facilitation
- Time management skills.
- Maintains effective working relationships.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive
position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona
University requires satisfactory results for the following: a
criminal background investigation, employment history
investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and
fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL,
you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere
to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in
the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $95,809. Annual salary commensurate with
candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
April 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact
the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu
, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607118&PostingSeq=1