Northern Region Assistant Director
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Northern Region Assistant Director
Location: Extended Campuses - Ganado
Job ID: 607078
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
This position is posted as Northern Region Assistant Director, which is a working title. The NAU system title for this position is Bussiness & Education Partnerships, Assistant Director.
This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility and at a non-centralized site with or without accommodation.
Travels up to 50% for employer/partnership cultivation and participation in partnership and system-wide events as an NAU representative.
This position is located on the Flagstaff Mountain campus and serves the northern region which includes the Apache, Navajo, Coconino and Mohave counties. Remote work is a possibility in conjunction with the possibility of on-site work.
NAU Online and Innovative Educational Initiatives is seeking an experienced and motivated Assistant Director to join our team. The Assistant Director position supports the University's strategic plan of student success and access through the development of partnerships. This position focuses on external community outreach and engagement with partners in community colleges, school districts, city, county and state government, business industries, tribal agencies, and workforce development agencies.
Our ideal candidate must be dynamic, personable and metrics driven with a commitment to student success. This position will be responsible for communicating the successes of existing partnerships and identifying opportunities for enhancing these partnerships with expanded programs and new programs to meet the needs of students and Arizona's workforce. Additionally, recommending internal improvements to enhance the student and partner experience.
External Partner Development and Engagement - 40%
- Provides leadership in developing and sustaining collaborative, integrated partnerships with community college, school districts, city, county, and state and tribal agencies.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with community leaders, school districts, government agencies, businesses and community college partners that can be instrumental in growing NAU programs.
- Serves as the first point of contact for all partners in the region.
- Provides annual updates to external partners and community college student services to ensure seamless transfer experience for a successful transition.
- Recognizes workforce trends and recommends opportunities in response to emerging business and educational trends.
- Collaborates with various external stakeholders to draft partnership proposals to bring new and existing degree programs and partnerships into communities in the region.
- Researches and explores trends and initiatives within the educational industry and recommends potential areas for new program development.
- Networks with colleagues through professional organizations, meetings with key stakeholders and through outreach initiatives.
Internal Partnership Coordination and Collaboration - 35%
- Serves as the liaison and ensures communication on student services and academic program matters between Educational Partnership, academic departments, and all other university departments.
- Participate in the development and implementation of OIEI Statewide and Regional Strategic planning in alignment with the University's strategic roadmap.
- Collaborates with representatives of key enrollment management, student success, and academic department leaders to ensure a positive learner journey and learner success.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Department to develop a marketing plan for new and existing programs within the region.
- Works seamlessly with Regional Director on the development of academic programs to achieve enrollment targets, meet students' demand, and consider the unique features and needs of the departments.
- Serves as a liaison across departments and within the unit.
Reporting and Data Collection - 10%
- Monitors progress towards achieving the objectives of NAU Online and Innovative Educational Initiatives as it applies to business and educational partnerships.
- Monitors progress towards enrollment, target achievement and works with the University departments in maximizing resources while facilitating student success.
- Assists with preparation of quarterly and yearly reports.
- Assists with preparation of annual budgets.
- Coordinates preparation of various administrative reports; analyzes and interprets statistics, enrollment data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
Administrative Support - 10%
- Assist with marketing needs.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks.
Other - 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility and at a non-centralized site.
- This position requires coordination of meetings, events, and activities after regular business hours and occasional weekends.
- Travel throughout the region is expected as part of the job requirements.
- Weekend and evening hours may occasionally be required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as higher education, student services, public affairs or business and marketing.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- 2-4 years of management experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- A master's degree or additional experience with community college or university student services, academic programs, or administration.
- 5 years of experience in a combination of business development, operations, and developing relationships with business leaders and academic professionals with at least three years of experience in higher education.
- Experience with higher education systems.
- Student Service experience.
- Marketing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of business and educational partnership tools, processes, and policies.
- Knowledge of industry trends in business and educational partnerships.
- Experience with technology reporting systems to develop dashboards and trend reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Demonstrates use and skills with CRM products.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience working with transfer students, working professionals, and adult learners.
- Commitment to diversity and equality.
- Analyzes complex situations and anticipates issues.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Manages and maintains relationships.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $83,312. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of the pay period following election. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following election.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
April 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607078&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert