Associate Dean, Learning Systems – Georgia Tech Professional Education
- Georgia Tech Professional Education
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 20, 2023
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) is seeking an outstanding candidate with exceptional academic, strategic, learning technology and interpersonal collaboration skills to join the senior academic leadership team in a non-tenure Principal Academic Professional role as the Associate Dean for Learning Systems.
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) is the global campus and lifetime education arm of the Georgia Institute of Technology, a top-ranked Public University by U.S. News & World Report. GTPE offers more than 600 courses and bootcamps, 58 professional and graduate certificate programs, and 14 online degree programs in tech, business, and industry-specific subject matter to meet the needs of working professionals and industry partners. Programs are available worldwide both online and on-site. In addition to professional academic offerings, the division administers K-12 outreach and English as a Second Language programs and manages meeting and event facilities. Professional Education educates more than 90,000 individual learners each year representing industries such as data science and analytics, safety and health, cybersecurity, and project management on an annual basis and is located at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta and at Georgia Tech-Savannah.
The Associate Dean for Learning Systems will be a thought leader who will lead in defining, creating, and deploying quality learning platforms and experiences in support of existing and new credit and non-credit academic programs. This position will represent the unit across the university, partner with internal stakeholders and with sponsoring employers and industry/government partners. This is a 12-month position that provides leadership and support to an array of programs across the K-to-gray academic spectrum. This position will report directly to the Dean.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, collaborative/relationship builder, creative/innovative problem solver, resourceful, and team player who has experience in researching, designing instructional platforms, developing, and assessing a growing set of credit and non-credit academic programs across all delivery modalities. The candidate must be supportive of growing and supporting a diverse set of learners and employees. The candidate should be able to easily demonstrate a successful history of academic and equivalent administrative experiences. In addition, the candidate should have a record of achieving metrics-driven results in educational and/or private sector organizations.
This position will collaborate on program development, including the learning and social experiences of the faculty and students, application of pedagogical and andragogical learning theories and their effective design, selection of learning technologies in partnership with the university, and implementation, assessment, and analysis for continuous improvement. A team of dedicated professionals will report to this position. The successful candidate must provide vision, leadership, and mentorship for an array of academic and learning initiatives to the team.
Duties/Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Define and lead a vision of teaching/learning digital pedagogies, toolsets, experiences and associated systems, across multiple learning formats, that support academic program directors and meets the current and future learning needs and styles of diverse individuals across their lifetime, especially in a post-pandemic world.
- Collaboratively define, implement, and assess the strategic vision for the learning systems, both within GTPE and Georgia Tech.
- Continuously identify, adapt and apply current and future learning systems for diverse learners and educational environments.
- Define evaluation and assessment methods for academic programs, especially as related to knowledge/skill transfer into the workplace and diversity, equity, and inclusiveness of GTPE learning technologies and experiences.
- Initiate, support and coordinate professional development in learning pedagogies and design for all instructional developers and instructors in the academic programs within GTPE’s programs and programs it supports.
- Work with key corporate and government stakeholders to determine their business objectives and use this information to establish and evaluate learning systems and programs that meet those needs.
- Provide leadership and management for an internal team of professionals working remotely, hybrid and in-person modes.
- Make contributions to the field through teaching, publishing, presentations, and service.
- Work in close concert with GTPE’s Associate Dean for Academic Affairs as well as other members of the senior leadership team.
- Work effectively with the Vice President for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer on campus-wide initiatives around technology and learning systems.
- Bring the learning platforms internally for Georgia Tech’s employees’ professional development and a digital first mindset across many job functions.
- Represent GTPE at university meetings as appropriate, actively participate in and serve on national and international organizations, and other duties as assigned.
- A keen vision and understanding of technologically assisted learning modalities for online, blended, and face-to-face environments and their best uses in learning and instruction.
- Terminal degree of Ph.D., Ed.D., or other equivalent.
- Credentials for a faculty appointment at Georgia Tech are preferred.
- Extensive pedagogical knowledge, with emphasis on teaching and learning, the assessment of the systems for quality academic programs/activities and experience with supporting each next generation technology.
- Demonstrated experience in assessments that show expanding the capacity of instructors to create and deliver sound instruction and associated experiences that connects with the students’ stakeholders.
- Demonstrable thought leadership in the fields of business, education, government, public policy, and/or technology that is evidenced by involvement in conferences, journals, books, and other relevant outlets.
- Demonstrated academic entrepreneurship in the identification, testing, implementation, and growth of innovative learning systems and successful learning experiences.
- Experience in leading change and building successful learning organizations.
- Knowledge of, and experience within, a state/public organization so as to understand the various government parameters for operating as an individual and organization contributor is preferred.
- An extensive professional network connecting the individual to a wide range of practitioner-based knowledge, experiences, and insights.
This position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin March 20, 2023. To apply, please submit materials to ADLS (Associate Dean Learning Systems) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Education/Employment Opportunity Institution.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert