Position's Functional Title
AY22-23 Adjunct Faculty, Marketing
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Governors State University’s College of Business seeks to create an
available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in
Marketing. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member
are to teach courses such as Marketing Management, Promotional
Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Digital
Marketing and Professional Selling. Adjunct faculty should be able
to support their course online and use appropriate software
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile,
attach a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and transcripts for
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as
temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific
course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of
the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of
the Faculty Senate.
- Master’s or higher degree in Marketing, or an MBA with a
specialization in Marketing.
- Substantial current managerial or executive experience (more than
five years) in Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing
Management, or in a closely related field.
- Prior experience teaching Marketing Management, Promotional
Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Professional
Selling, or Marketing Logistics and Distribution at the graduate or
- Ability to teach specific courses in Promotional Strategies,
Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Professional Selling,
Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Ability to teach online using the Blackboard e-Learning
- Certifications appropriate to the specific field of
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s)
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of managerial or executive experience in
Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, or in a
closely related field do you have?
- 0-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5-7 years
- 7-9 years
- 9+ years
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please describe any experience you have teaching marketing
courses such as Promotional Strategies, Marketing Management,
International Marketing, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior,
Professional Selling and Digital Marketing
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of Three Professional References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy