Adjunct Faculty - Speech
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Instruction or designee
Master’s degree in the discipline, or master’s degree plus 18
credit hours in the discipline.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
3 years or more of previous community college or university
The adjunct instructor will teach Speech to a diverse student
population. This course will be offered during the day and evening.
The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may change as the
needs of the college arise.
Specific Job Duties
• Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and
supplemental course materials.
• Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
• Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students
no later than the first week of the course.
• Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed
by Deans’ Office.
• Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
• Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
• Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
• Take and record student Attendance each day.
• Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to the
• Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s
Final Exam Schedule.
• Respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated e-mail.
• Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton "careers" website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * Are you at State Universities Retirement System (SURS)
annuitant, currently receiving a monthly annuity, or plan to apply
for a retirement annuity under SURS within the next three (3)
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Evaluations (for Faculty)