The Griffon Athletics department has an opening for Custodian for
Athletics. The Custodian cleans and sanitizes the interior spaces
of college athletics facilities, including but not limited to the
Griffon Indoor Sports Complex, Spratt Stadium, Spring Sports
Complex and the Looney Arena.
Become a part of the excitement of Griffon Athletics!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES :
- Cleans surfaces of building interiors, entrances, and
furnishings; routinely cleans and maintains carpeted and
hard-surfaced flooring; cleans interior and entrance glass; and
cleans and sanitizes restrooms and water fountains.
- Removes trash from building interiors and entrances.
- Provides clean-up for special events and assists with set-up
and tear-down of equipment and furnishings.
- Maintains supply of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Secures buildings as directed.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Cleaning chemicals and equipment;
- Proper cleaning techniques.
- Floor care and maintenance, using buffers, scrubbers, vacuums,
and floor finishes;
- Communication, as applied to interaction with coworkers,
coaches, student-athletes, supervisor, the general public, etc.,
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work
- High School Diploma or GED and one year experience in custodial
work or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of forces constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts,
electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor
ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate
lighting, work space restrictions, and intense noises.
Hours of Work
- Incumbents also must work varying shifts including nights
(2:00-10:00pm), occasional weekends, and holidays.
- Position also would entail work overnight (10:00pm-6:00am)
during Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp. Training Camp overnight
shift would be approximately one (1) month.
- 37.5 Hours per week
- Rotation of work schedule is either 6:00am-2:00pm or
- Some nights and weekends required.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled