Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located
in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from
several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati,
Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through
research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer
Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the
chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community
assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and
practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a
commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based
community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of
being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our
student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming
from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color.
Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College;
many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make
a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with
students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a
safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star
rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by
respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity
and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and
our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham
Earlham College is seeking a Student Counselor to join our
- Carries out clinical responsibilities including individual and
group counseling, crisis assessment and intervention, consultation,
follow-up and referral.
- Provides mental health services to the undergraduate and MAT
students during day-time hours.
- Presents educational training/workshops to students and
- Participates in campus-wide outreach programming and
- Documents, organizes and manages client records in accordance
with professional standards.
- Serves as a member of the division of Student Life;
collaborates with teaching faculty and staff on student needs and
problems; and participates in meetings, committees and college
- Participates in the emergency on-call rotation up to two times
a month during the academic year.
- Possibly provides some supervision to doctoral and/or master’s
level graduate interns and practicums students.
- Additional duties as assigned
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled.
- Master’s degree in counseling or a related field
- Licensed in Indiana preferred, license eligible may be
- Two years counseling experience required, college counseling
- Work schedule will include some evening and weekend
- Applicants should have a clear understanding of the role of
residence life at a private liberal arts college.
- Multicultural competence and experience working with diverse
individuals and communities.
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham
Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two
weeks of the employment start date.
- Please submit the following application materials through our
Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter - Please address your thinking and experience with
matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and
specifically pertains to this position.
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of
society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports
individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized
because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and
physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from
women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker
identity, the College also solicits applications from members of
the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify
to confirm employment eligibility for all
newly hired employees within the United States.