Position Classification Title
Position Class (Extract From Banner or PA)
EPA Position Type
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Department of Psychological Sciences is seeking a pool of
candidates for temporary adjunct positions for the 2023-2024
academic year. Candidates should be able to successfully teach one
or more of the following courses, face-to-face, during the day or
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
- Introduction to the Psychological Sciences
- Lifespan Development
- Abnormal Behavior
- Brain and Behavior
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Introduction to Black Psychology
- Introduction to Community Psychology
The Department of Psychological Sciences provides a culture of
learning within a liberal educational context. We challenge
undergraduates to apply a scientific approach to understanding the
dynamic processes of human behavior and thinking in a global
context. This is achieved through a variety of courses which
emphasize the following:
- Interplay between biological, cognitive, and social-level
- Actively engaging experiential learning, oral and written
communication, research, and field-related experiences.
- The important role of diversity and cultural understanding,
- Developing solution-oriented graduates who can transition into
professional studies or the workforce.
Working Position Title
2023-2024 Psychological Sciences (Adjunct)
Building and Room No.
If Time Limited.
Requirements and Preferences
Position required to work during periods of adverse weather or
Normal Work Schedule
- Master’s Degree or higher in Psychology or a closely related
field with at least 18 credits in Psychology.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse academic
- Previous experience with Canvas or similar learning management
Morning, Afternoon, or Evening classes will be assigned as
Department Required Skills
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training,
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Command of American Psychological Association Style of
- Ability to teach effectively using best practices and a variety
of instructional methods.
- Ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse
Required License or Certification
Valid US Driver's License
- One year or more of experience teaching diverse learners,
including first-year college students.
Commercial Driver's License Required
List any other medical/drug tests required
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Describe the specific job duties related to this
Percentage Of Time
- Responsible for teaching, grading, and mentoring students.
- Teach undergraduate psychology courses (foundation, breadth, or
depth) for credit, face-to-face, during day or evening hours.
- Provide timely feedback to students about their
- Timely submission of midterm and final grades required, and
meeting with chair and other psychology faculty as needed.
Internal Posting Only
Time Limited Position
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Please Note: This Position is subject to the successful completion
of an employment background check If no applicants apply who meet
the required competency and T&E requirements, then management
may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on
competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations. Resumes
will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic
application. The application must be completed in full detail
(including work history) for your qualifications to be considered.
Failure to complete the application completely may result in you
not being considered for the vacant position. Your application for
the position will not be complete until you receive an online
confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or higher in Psychology or a
related field with at least 18 graduate hours in Psychology?
- * How do you believe your teaching style can serve our student
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- References List
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript