Director of Accounting
- Blinn College
- Brenham, Texas
- Based on experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
1. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
2. Recent (within the past 5 years): • Experience in business or governmental accounting. • Hands on experience with fund accounting. • Supervising other accountants in a centralized accounting department.
3. Experience in preparation of financial statements in accordance with governmental accounting standards and generally accepted accounting principles and experience in preparation and coordination of supporting schedules for the year-end audit requirements
4. 5+ years of direct supervisory experience
5. Experience with ERP software.
6. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
7. Proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and administering complex financial administrative information.
1. Directs and responsible for the operational activities of accounting and cash management.
2. Accountable for the accuracy of information posted to general ledger, reviews by performing mini-audits reconciling cash/investments, liabilities, accounts receivable, payroll and etc.
3. Directs the preparation of monthly board financial reports and management reports. Also provides information and assists in the budget process.
4. Responsible for the preparation of annual audit financial reports and assists with the annual audit.
5. Responsible for the preparation of various year-end reports to agencies of the State, including the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Legislative Budget Board and Texas Comptroller’s Office.
6. Reconcile financial aid accounts, including PELL, SEOG, TPEG, Texas Grants, Outside Scholarships and Third Party Billings. Work closely with the Financial Aid Department to resolve issues with these accounts. Monitor and determine drawdowns from the Department of Education of financial aid funds.
7. Analyze and audit computer and manual procedures and processes for compliance to accounting issues, federal, state and local regulations.
8. Coordinates in conjunction with the Director Business Services, the operational activities of the District Business Office, including planning and developing new procedures, as they impact the general ledger and accounting information.
9. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
This is a 12 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage’s can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/.
Leave time includes 96 hours vacation, 40 hours discretionary and 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month. Paid leave for college designated holiday’s, spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert