Vice Chancellor Business and Finance / Chief Financial Officer
- Blinn College
- Brenham, Texas
- Based on experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Type
- Full Time
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
2. Active license as a Certified Public Accountant, State of Texas required. Out-of-State Certified Public Accountants should begin the reciprocity process with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
3. Three (3) years of executive experience in Higher Education position required.
4. Active in state or national Community College/ University Business Office organizations.
1. Serves as Vice Chancellor Business and Finance/ Chief Financial Officer of the college and provides sound, ethical, and transparent fiscal planning, financial management, and budgetary processes that ensure long-term financial viability of the institution and meet current operational needs to create, sustain, and grow a vibrant learning community.
2. Provide leadership for the development of a long-term business plan and financial forecasts in support of institutional revenue and expenditure guidelines for consideration by the Chancellor/CEO and the Board of Trustees.
3. Supervises the staff, activities and programs within the assigned divisional areas, including, but not limited to: Accounting, Purchasing, Transportation, Physical Plant Maintenance, Food Service, Budgets and Insurance, Business Services and subcontracted services for the college.
4. Serves as the Investment Officer of the college providing information and analysis for both short-and long-range planning and strategies including overseeing the capital financing program through direct involvement with the college financial advisor, bond counsel, and investment banker.
5. Oversees the college-wide budgetary process that reflects the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the college and monitors actual performance in relation to the budget.
6. Oversees preparation of periodic Board financial reports and oversees preparation of the comprehensive annual financial report in compliance with applicable governmental accounting and THECB rules.
7. Provides leadership for planning, building and maintaining the physical learning environment. Coordinates processes that assure sustained progress toward implementation of the Facilities Master Plan and the Construction and Rehabilitation Capital Plan.
8. Develops and recommends to the Chancellor/CEO and the Board of Trustees debt strategies and maintains bond covenants.
9. Participates as a member of the Executive Council in the development of college-wide policies and procedures to support the short-and long-term strategic planning process.
10. Recommends new or revised systems, methods, programs, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned divisional areas.
11. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
This is a 12 month, benefits-eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full-time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/.
Yearly leave time includes:
· 96 hours vacation
· 40 hours discretionary
· 16 hours personal
· 8 hours sick each month.
· Paid leave for college designated holiday’s, spring break, Thanksgiving, and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert