Dean of Students
- Lawrence Technological University
- Southfield, Michigan
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lawrence Technological University has a history of academic excellence and creating innovative, technologically-savvy leaders. LTU welcomes applications for the Dean of Students to help us continue to prioritize the achievements of our students. This exceptional individual will contribute to developing educational programs that foster student development, success, and a holistic educational experience that complement the academic mission and goals of the university. The candidate will be highly visible and accessible to students, faculty, and staff. They will also be a student-centered leader who is a natural problem-solver and can cultivate, maintain, coordinate, and facilitate projects, research, and initiatives assigned by the Provost while also building strong relationships and providing support. The candidate will have knowledge and experience with athletics programming and student athletes.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs Administration, Counseling, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership experience in student affairs/higher education administration and supervising staff.
- Knowledge of relevant laws such as Title IX, Clery Act, Campus SaVe Act, and FERPA.
- Experience in assessment, strategic planning, and complex budget management at a department or division level.
The Dean of Students plays a critical role in communicating the student climate to the Provost and President and ensuring the success of current and future students.
For a detailed description, qualifications, and expectations.
Visit our Career Page for the position.
All Applicants Must Submit
a Resume and Cover Letter to
Kate Roy, Executive Assistant to the Provost
We're about Theory and Practice – taking abstract ideas into the real world to solve tomorrow’s problems. Our reputation comes as much from what we’re doing now as it does from our storied past.
Lawrence Technological University was born in 1932 during the middle of an innovation explosion that would change the world. None other than Henry and Edsel Ford helped launch the revolutionary experiment that would become LTU, providing guidance and space in their sprawling former Model T assembly plant for the fledgling school.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert