Grants & Contracts Manager
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
- Davenport, Iowa
- Posted Date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Grants and Contracts Manager
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges is seeking a full-time Grants and Contracts Manager.
Position Title: Grants and Contracts Manager
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director of Business Services
$65,000 - $72,000 per year
The primary functions of the Grants and Contracts Manager include determining the College’s immediate and long term needs for external resources which will support the College’s Strategic Plan, developing and writing grant proposals and contracts, securing funding from outside resources, and directing all aspects of the management system of grants and contracts.
Management of the Resource Development office includes establishing and maintaining contacts with federal, state, and local funding agencies and assuring compliance with the agencies’ and College’s policies and procedures. The manager will serve as a liaison between agencies and College staff regarding federal, state, and local funding policies and opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree required in Education, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field. Community college experience preferred. Evidence of successful grant development and management skills required. Five years of writing previous grants and contracts preferred.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the operation of the College’s grants and contracts monitoring system and inform the College leaders and administrators on the status of current projects and potential new funding.
- Perform internal reviews of the College’s needs, collect and gather data, and assess the feasibility of obtaining external funding for the needs.
- Research, develop, and write high quality grant applications and contract agreements.
- Review and edit all grants and contracts for grammatical and informational completeness. Review content for accuracy, clarity, and alignment with the College’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the workings of all grant and contract documents. This includes maintaining a transparent filing system for all grant and contract documents.
- Support a collaborative environment to write and recommend negotiated terms in all grants and contracts agreements and recommend changes, including changes to legal terms and conditions.
- Meet with Project Directors and Business Office on a regular basis to review the project goals and objectives, create timelines, staffing plans, budgets, and reporting requirements to ensure objectives are accomplished and the project is managed in compliance with all applicable program and fiscal requirements.
- Develop new and maintain strong relationships with federal, state, and local funding sources.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities including searching for funding sources, writing proposals, managing existing grants, and reporting to stakeholders.
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Review of applications will begin April 7, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert