Supervises the daily operations of a functional or service unit
within the university libraries.
1. Supervises clerical staff in the daily operations of the unit,
to include hiring, discipline, training, and performance
2. Plans and coordinates work schedules and distribution of work
assignments within the unit.
3. Oversees the daily operations of the unit, including budget
oversight, maintenance of supplies inventory and resolution of
4. May communicate with vendors, publishers and subject librarians
regarding orders, invoices, receipts or current holdings.
5. May provide reference and information services to library
patrons as needed.
6. Prepares regular and ad hoc reports on unit activities as
7. Coordinates or participates in special projects as
8. Assists in developing library policies, procedures, goals, and
changes to services.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION
The Library Supervisor
helps to facilitate the daily
operations of the Health Sciences Library, which is located in the
Health 2 building.
1. Hires, supervises, and coordinates work distribution for 4-5
2. Creates weekly desk coverage schedule
3. Orders supplies
4. Coordinates with Manager of Circulation Services on facilities,
technology, and training
5. Manages course reserves
6. Creates library displays
18 months and 3 years experience
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles,
procedures, practice, routines or techniques in a specific area or
trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of
education or training beyond the high school level. Vocational
competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment
may be required. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly
Additional Job Posting Information:
Education will be considered in lieu of experience.
Please include contact information for (3) professional
references in a separate document.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Notes to Applicant:
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
May Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements
Include contact information for three