System Engineer - Virtual Environment (Reg FT)
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
System Engineer - Virtual Environment (Reg FT)
Position Title: System Engineer - Virtual Environment (Reg FT)
Department: ITS Client Services
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 4, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5111, 5786
Job Open Date: 10/21/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Install, support and maintain server software and hardware and applications to assure integrity and reliability. Integrate applications and services with college operations in support of the ITS strategy and college mission and goals.
Requirements: Grade and salary will be determined based on the candidate's knowledge and experience. Degree in computer science, information systems, or related or certifications in computer science or related field experience required (or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience). Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and a minimum of four years of experience. Experience in Windows Server 2008 or above and/or Linux CentOS 7 server deployment; Server virtualization (VMware desired) and backup technologies such as Veeam and Extragrid. Deployment and maintenance of Microsoft on-premise enterprise systems such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, System Center, SQL Server, MDT and IIS. Automation of system tasks using Microsoft.NET, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, and/or Python. Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals. Hands-on knowledge and maintenance of server and storage technology, SANs, hardware and system components. Experience with ASP.NET web development, learning management and content management systems is desired. Microsoft Certified Professional, Security+, and/or Linux+ certifications preferred.
1. Gathering requirements from stakeholders for the purposes of system implementation.
2. Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) and work with Purchasing, team members, internal customers and vendors on the selection of hardware and software.
3. Install, maintain, and harden systems following industry best practice recommendations.
4. Diagnose, research, resolve and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
5. Provide integration and automation through the use of scripts and software development languages.
6. Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to provide consultation on planning, implementation, interface and use of systems.
7. Participate in network security to protect the college's system and information resources.
8. Provides necessary documentation, training and guidance to network engineers and technical staff. Assists with documentation for end users.
9. Work in teams on highly visible and time sensitive projects.
10. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
11. Provide timely, on-call assistance on emergency issues that arise outside normal working hours.
12. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system implementation and maintenance.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1185
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert