Assistant Director, Human Resources
Assistant Director, Human Resources
Texas A&M International University
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Assistant Director of Human Resources (HR), under general
direction assists with planning, managing and overseeing
activities, operations and projects in the Human Resources
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the administration of Human Resources.
- Participates in planning, prioritizing and coordinating
operational or procedural matters to meet department goals and
objectives. Assists in planning and budgeting for
- Participates in developing strategic plans based on department
goals. Develops, implements, and administers policies and
- Oversees, coordinates and evaluates business functions.
Prepares, reviews, and compiles reports, analyses, compliance, and
surveys. Maintains database files and tables and develops custom
- Development and implementation of training programs.
- Develops guidelines, procedures, and rules and oversees
compliance with government standards, policies, procedures, and
- Develops schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving
goals. Supervises and trains employees.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Become familiar and stay current with Workday and the process
for all areas of human resources i.e. employment, benefits, leave
functions, employee relations, etc.
- Serve on campus committees as a representative for the human
- Serve on Workday committees as needed.
- Assist with onboarding, orientations and human resource campus
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development,
Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
- Experience - Six years of related experience.
- Supervisor Experience: Minimum of one (1) year supervisory
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Knowledge and Abilities
- Master's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources,
Business Administration or related field from a regionally
- Prior higher education human resource experience
- Supervisory experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful
- Prior experience with Workday helpful
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database
- State and Federal laws and policies including:
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA),
- Recruitment and hiring (faculty, staff, adjunct faculty and
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- Leave of absences,
- Worker's compensation, and
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills.
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Training and development programs
Preferred Ability to:
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Willingness to learn all aspects of human resources
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
effectively and professionally with the general public and the
- Attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally supervises employees.
First review of applications will be March 1, 2023
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Occasional travel.
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Assistant-Director--Human-Resources_R-055658