Manager of Design Services
- California State University, Northridge
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Management
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Manager of Design Services
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision of the Director of Design and Construction, the Manager of Design Services provides general oversight of all aspects of design phase management, as well as the administrative design processes for all campus capital projects (new and renovations). The incumbent collaborates with faculty and staff of the academic colleges, Academic Affairs, CSUN auxiliaries, Physical Plant Management, campus community, and the CSU Chancellor's Office, to plan various campus projects.
- Works with the FPDC Capital Program Manager for project planning, administrative processes for project approvals, building codes consultation and questions, and managing feasibility studies and the design phase of campus projects.
- Participates in the selection of outside design professionals, negotiates design contracts, and oversees their work.
- Provides general coordination of document phases, required submittals to the Chancellor's Office, code analysis/compliance reviews, and plan-checking of projects.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3y41T5g
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Architecture or job-related field. Masters in Architecture preferred.
- Equivalent to five (5) years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience. Experience in architecture firms and/or large institutional owners in project planning, design, drafting, bidding and construction administration, and code compliance required. Two of the five years in a managerial role preferred.
- Direct experience with college or university project planning and execution of projects, either as an outside consultant or project manager, at a large institution is highly desired.
- Possession of a current California State Architectural license.
- Possession of a California Certified Access Specialist (CASp) certification, or the ability to achieve certification within three (3) years.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $128,000 - $140,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (4 days in office, 1 day remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through March 22, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more, visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/524947/manager-of-design-services
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert