Program Manager, Categorical Programs (COF)
- Kern Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Program Manager, Categorical Programs (COF)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $70,354.25 - $92,310.88 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY22-2300289
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Department: Outreach, Special Programs (AB540, Cal-SOAP, FKCE)
This position is contingent on funding.
Under direction of the Programs Director or assigned supervisor, the Program Manager is responsible for managing assigned program activities associated with maintaining quality academic and student services programs.
1. Familiar with the AB 540 eligibility requirements
2. Experience with training
3. Ability to conduct completion of CA Dream Act Applications (CADAA)
4. Familiar with immigration laws
1. Manage the implementation of multiple project activities to meet or exceed assigned program(s) expectations.
2. Manage and monitor budgets to ensure compliance with regulations and/or directives from program agencies and cooperative educational partners.
3. Assist in preparation and administration of budget, control and authorize expenditures, approve invoices for payment, and respond to budget inquiries from college staff.
4. Supervise and coordinate department planning and operations; personnel supervision, including development and evaluation of all support staff.
5. Coordinate the release of project information and outreach activities to familiarize students with the services and programs of the college.
6. Develop and implement methods to identify and serve students who meet project guidelines, assessing their needs and providing programming to address those needs.
7. Participate in meetings and conferences related to programs within the assigned area; disseminate information, coordinate projects and implement procedural changes; follow up on action items, and develop program reports as needed.
8. Market the College and assigned program(s) to the College community and the general public.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of experience related to area of assignment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability
backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Student services available at the college.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping and
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
related to the assigned special programs processes.
- Principles of public speaking.
- Record-keeping and report preparation methods.
- Principles of providing work direction and guidance to
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Evaluate and implement project goals.
- Communicate information to individuals and groups.
- Interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the college
and the project initiatives.
- Interact with and motivate others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Prepare and monitor budgets.
- Supervise and provide work direction and guidance to assigned
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Collaborate with college personnel and key project staff to
track program effectiveness based on evidenced based milestones for
- Develop and facilitate orientations, seminars, and workshops
designed to familiarize students, faculty, and staff with assigned
special programs opportunities.
SALARY RANGE$ 70,354.25 - $ 92,310.88 annuallyMaximum Entry Level Salary: $ 73,915.94 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSFirst Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by May 5, 2023 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3945964/program-manager-categorical-programs-cof. Emails will not be accepted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert