International Tenure-track Faculty Positions(Economics or Management)
- Pusan National University
- South Korea (KR)
- Salary and job title are commensurate to the countable years of work experience.
- Posted Date
- Mar 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Economics, Management
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Pusan National University, a leading national university of ROK, invites applications for full-time tenure-track faculty positions in the following academic fields to begin in September 2023.
The following qualifications are commonly required to applicants of all fields.
At the time of application, applicants should;
- have a Ph.D. in a target field; Economics or Management
-over three years of work or research experience in a target field, and it should not have passed three years from leaving such a position as of September 2023;
-have four or longer years of qualified teaching or research experience by the application submission deadline. Semesters for both a master's degree and a doctoral degree are acceptable as research experience of up to five years;
- be a non-Korean national. Foreign nationals holding Korean citizenship are not allowed to apply;
- be a proficient English speaker who can deliver lectures in English;
- have published at least 300% refereed journal papers within the recent five years, from March 2018 to April 7, 2023. Foreigners Only – Acceptable papers_a target field;
- submit two representative papers of eligible journal papers;
- not be an unsuccessful candidate of PNU Regular New Faculty Recruitment within two years from the expected date of appointment;
An individual whose research field is in International Economics, International Business, or Entrepreneurship is preferred.
Materials for review
To apply, please send the following files in pdf or excel format to the contact for each field.
PDF1 (title: CV and Research plan_your name.pdf)
- cover letter and a curriculum vitae with Full Publication List and the contact information of three references
- an expression of research and teaching interests
PDF2 (title: Certificates_your name.pdf)
- diplomas and graduate transcripts (Bachelor, Master and PhD) in Korean or English. If you cannot provide the academic transcripts, submit written proof to show the information of the admission date, actual study period, and class method(full-time or not).
- Evidence of past or current employments in Korean or English
PDF3 (title: PhDthesis_your name.pdf)
- Ph. D thesis and an English summary in one or two pages(A4) long.
PDF4 (title: Representative papers No1 & No2_your name.pdf)
- No1 paper first comes, and No2 follows it.
EXEL5 (title: PublicationList_your name.xls)
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Regarding the letter of recommendation, your PhD thesis advisor or a professor-level scientist should directly send it to the representative person of your application field. The letter must include the applicant’s name and application field at the top.
Application deadline: April 7, 2023. 18:00 Korean Standard Time
Important notes for application
Applicants should apply for ONLY one field of the new faculty recruitment of Pusan National University for September 2023 including this international faculty recruitment; otherwise, we annul your application for this international faculty recruitment without notice.
- Teach nine credits per semester corresponding to nine class hours per week
- Must teach yearly three or more credits of undergraduate or graduate courses in English
- Fulfill research requirements for incentives, contract renewal, promotion, and performance assessment
- Participate in some administrative and extra-curricular activities
- May complete at least 180 hours of Korean language courses provided by the university in three years if they are not a Korean speaker
Salary and job title are commensurate to the countable years of work experience. We provide a housing stipend for four years. Successful applicants will join the national health insurance and Korean government employees’ pension.
For further information and inquiries, contact the representative person of each department.
Contacts for inquiries and documents submission
Prof. Yong-Kyun Bae, Chairperson of the Department of Global Studies.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +82-51-510-1628
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert