This position works independently and assists the Senior Director for Marketing & Communications in all aspects of promoting, branding, marketing, communicating, and publicizing the UGA College of Pharmacy. Duties are directed and guided by an approved strategic plan for marketing the College, with the mission at the core of all work processes. Specific tasks and oversight responsibilities include design, development, and implementation of digital media, including all aspects of the College’s website, social media platforms, and video productions; graphic design work for all published and e-published visuals; graphic production of College periodicals, including internal and external magazines and newsletters; and other duties as assigned. This employee should be flexible, collaborative, and open to meeting the needs of the college.
Manage and Oversee All Aspects of the College’s Website and Affiliated Support Systems:
- Make edits as requested by College faculty and staff who oversee specific programs.
- Work collaboratively with external web developer who provides structural support for the website.
- Solicit updates, new information, and other details which need to be added so that the website stays current.
- Assure the website offers a site which is user friendly, accessible, and provides graphic designs and photos which provide an aesthetically pleasing user experience.
Create, Design, and Develop Graphic Design Work and Digital Media (including Video Production and Podcasts) for the College and Various Units:
- Upon requests from faculty and staff, produce graphic elements for digital, visual, and print mediums which promote the College’s strategic initiatives.
- Create special flyers, programs, and invitations to promote College events and activities, assuring special provision for digital production.
- Assure produced materials are compliant with UGA brand standards.
- Develop formats and editing programming for requested videos and podcasts that the College sponsors.
- Assure materials are error free and delivered by a specified deadline.
Create and Design All Periodicals, including Newsletters and Magazines:
- Oversee the visual production of the UGA Script, which is produced quarterly and distributed to faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, UGA officials, national colleges of pharmacy, and other friends of the College.
- Oversee the production of the PharmDawg Weekly, which is produced weekly when classes are in session and at other specified times when they are not. The audience includes faculty, staff, and students.
- Produce special edition of these periodicals as requested.
- Provide and monitor analytics for each periodical.
Oversee and Input on All Social Media Platforms for the College:
- Manage, produce, schedule, and post content and graphics on the College’s various platforms which include but are not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Linked-In, and Twitter.
- Provide and monitor analytics for each social platform.
- Recruit and oversee social media ambassadors from the student population at the College.
Oversee Student Worker(s) Who Supplement Services for the Department:
- Make assignments, monitor progress, and offer feedback as needed for various projects.
- Assure completed work is delivered correctly and by deadlines.
- Report worked hours to Human Resources as required.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about this opportunity and to apply, please visit: https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/305246.