Procurement and Inventory Manager
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 6, 2023
Open Until Filled
Procurement and Inventory Manager
Department this Position Reports to
The Business Office, ITC
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time w/end date
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
1st Fl, 4 Currier Place
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
In adherence with Dartmouth College’s policies and procedures, the Procurement and Inventory Manager will work closely with Information, Technology and Consulting ( ITC ) staff to procure and maintain all aspects of the inventory within the organization. Oversees or implements appropriate allocation of all materials to ITC staff in a timely manner. Ensures that inventory count and project billing are updated daily within the appropriate databases for management and tracking purposes. Responsible for the security of the physical inventory. Acts as a key part of the ITC Business Office team.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 3+ years’ inventory management, or related field, with some autonomy.
- Experience with purchasing inventory and storage practices and procedures.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse range of individuals.
- Knowledge of various computer software applications and the ability to create and maintain databases.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical exercise.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be qualified under the terms of the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Experience working in an Academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and teach others.
- Must be able to give and follow verbal and written assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is a 36-month term position.
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Procure and Manage Inventory
- Coordinates, supervises, and ensures smooth operation of the issuance of inventory to the appropriate staff.
- Negotiates with vendors on terms of proposals, following all of Dartmouth’s policies set forth in the Procurement Policy Handbook.
- Places purchase orders, schedules, and coordinates the efficient distribution of products to satisfy ITC /Institution demand, providing on-site inventory support to the organization’s internal users.
- Analyzes actual product demand, trends and forecasts and adjusts inventory plans accordingly
- Observes, analyzes, and evaluates inventory storage procedures. Identifies opportunities to achieve efficiencies, recommends and oversees implementation of improvements as necessary.
- Resolves issues and regularly communicates with supervisor regarding billing, inventory, and its reconciliation
- Manages the maintenance and security of the inventory located within the designated ITC space.
- Ensures compliance with systems and procedures to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Plans, controls, and evaluates inventory planning activities such as master scheduling, stocking, inventory planning/turnover, materials handling, and forecasting
Inventory & Reconciliation
- Counts and reconciles inventory on a predetermined basis.
- Maintains appropriate level of inventory on hand.
- Minimizes merchandise inventory shrinkage from recordkeeping errors, and oversees implementation of reconciliation improvements as necessary.
- Maintains inventory database daily, including equipment for the campus-wide Rapid Refresh program.
- Articulates, informs, and enforces compliance to the ITC inventory process as outlined by The Business Office, including managing inventory availability, to ITC staff when requested.
- Collaborates with the entire organization, including Network Services, AV Design and Engineering, Classroom Technologies, and The Computer Store to build purchase orders.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Internal Employee Referral or Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Additional Document #1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert