Marketing Coordinator, Senior
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Public Relations & Advertising
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Marketing Coordinator, Senior
Location: Campus Recreation Services
Job ID: 607079
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
- This position is an on-site position which requires the incumbent to complete their work primarily at an NAU site, campus, or facility with or without accommodation. Opportunities for remote work are rare.
- This position is posted as Marketing Coordinator, Senior, which is a working title. The NAU system title for this position is Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Senior.
Under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Director of Development, Communications, and Outdoors, this position is responsible for the coordination and management of comprehensive marketing and communications strategies for all recreation programs and services. This position will develop marketing materials through a variety of media and develop marketing strategies for specific events and programs. Additionally, this position includes personal appearances and presentations at a variety of on and off campus events, orientations, meetings, and conferences promoting departmental activities.
Marketing/Promotion and Communications - 35%
- The primary focus of this position is to coordinate marketing, publicity, promotion and communication for Recreation and Wellbeing.
- Design, communicate, and uphold departmental brand standards that create consistency and recognition across all marketing/digital media platforms.
- Coordinate department outreach efforts to increase awareness and visibility of the program.
- Support department website management through design and content management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
- Use journalistic style to write interesting, accurate and comprehensive news and feature articles.
- Demonstrate experience in writing for Web, eMarketing activities, and utilizing electronic communication tools.
- Explore and create new avenues for advertising and publicity.
Program Management - 35%
- Produce and maintain an active plan and timeline for all marketing campaigns to include evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Co-create and execute marketing plans that enhance Recreation programs and services.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director to establish and implement evaluation process that analyzes and identifies the most effective media for creating awareness of programs/services, and resolving problem areas.
- Make recommendations to adjust resources and maximize impact to meet participant needs.
- Implement focus groups, needs assessments, and conduct regular surveys to participants to collect marketing-based assessment data as directed by Assistant Director.
- Develop and evaluate short term and long term goals, and participate in long range strategic planning to promote programs and services.
Supervision and Program Oversight - 25%
- Support, supervise and evaluate the marketing student staff and coordinate communications strategies to maximize student engagement.
- Demonstrate supervisory skills, including the ability to effectively and tactfully train, supervise and evaluate student employees through a variety of marketing mediums and platforms.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate others, maintain high morale, and manage employee relations.
- Oversee marketing budget, including student payroll, advertising, promotional items, and printing.
- Manage the design, purchasing, and strategic distribution of branded promotional items.
Other - 5%
- Act as a representative and liaison for Campus Recreation Services and other university departments.
- Participate as a representative of Campus Recreation at university programs and events, such as; Family Weekend, Homecoming, Orientation, Expos and New Employee Orientations.
- Provide accurate and timely communications to supervisor and Campus Recreation Leadership.
- The position may require working mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned to support division and departmental vision, objectives and goals.
- Associate Degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be willing and able to work a variable schedule to accommodate evening and weekend hours and other special projects that may require work to be performed outside the standard hours of operation.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Promotions, or related subject area.
- 5-6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience hiring, supervising, training, and evaluating student staff in a variety of marketing mediums.
- Experience using and teaching others a variety of software platforms (Adobe Suite, Trello/Monday, MS Suite, Canva).
- Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or recreation center, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated successful skills with marketing, promoting, and evaluating recreational-based programs and activities.
- Skills in leadership, organization, management and marketing.
- Ability to analyze problems, and make well-reasoned, sound decisions.
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to provide presentations, moderate meetings, and to negotiate with internal and external entities.
- Proven ability to use independent judgement and professional communication.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, and development skills
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of working with people from a variety of backgrounds and sensitivity to multicultural issues.
- Awareness and commitment to NAU's EEO/Affirmative Action Plan and Safe Working and Learning Environment goals.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary is $43,000.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
April 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607079&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert