Vice Chancellor for University Relations - 19443
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Wisconsin, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 6, 2023
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater invites applicants and nominations for the position of Vice Chancellor for University Relations and President of the UW-Whitewater Foundation (EX011).
This will be a full-time Limited Appointment serving at the pleasure of the Chancellor. To learn more about this type of appointment please see the UW System Administrative Policy 1251: Appointment Terms & Designation of Positions and the Personnel Rules .
The Vice Chancellor serves as a key member of the Chancellor's Cabinet and oversees the Departments responsible for University Marketing and Communications, Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement as well as the UW-Whitewater Foundation.
The Vice Chancellor works closely with the Chancellor, Cabinet, academic Deans and the UW-Whitewater Foundation Board to align University priorities and to execute well-researched, results-oriented strategies and tactics for University relationships including alumni engagement and philanthropy. A passion for the mission of UW-Whitewater and higher education is a must. The ability to mobilize a variety of constituents in the service of that mission is key to the success of this position.
As an officer of the Foundation and an employee of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, the Vice Chancellor for University Relations is responsible for implementing the approved investment policies and development of investment processes and procedures for asset allocation, financial risk management, investment manager selection and termination, allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and the identification of management strategies that will improve the investment efficiency of the Foundation’s assets.
The Vice Chancellor for University Relations manages the endowment, working capital, and cash assets under the policies, guidelines, and performance benchmarks established by the Foundation. The Vice Chancellor, along with the Foundation CFO, is to implement those policies and guidelines by selecting, executing, and monitoring investment strategies designed to add value over the benchmarks within a risk-controlled framework. The Vice Chancellor is to adhere to high ethical standards, as well as professional standards, in serving the investment and financial management needs of the University, and in setting the culture for these standards across the division’s operations.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater has selected a new Chancellor that began work in March 2023. The University and the Foundation are in the midst of developing new strategic plans and anticipate beginning a campaign in the near future. The Vice Chancellor will be a key leader in bringing those projects to completion.
· A minimum of ten years of experience in advancement, including ongoing interaction with advisory boards, preferably in higher education or an organization of similar complexity
· Proven track record of achieving institutional fundraising goals, as well as a personal history of fundraising success at the major gift level
· Campaign experience and/or experience designing broad-based engagement strategies
· The ability to analyze data for effective decision-making
· Demonstrated skill at setting goals and measuring success, and an agility in addressing alternate program directions to meet goals when necessary
· Demonstrated ability to manage, support and advocate for staff and division leaders
· Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion
· Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written
· Astute interpersonal skills, with a contagious enthusiasm for the work and a relentlessly collaborative style
· A master’s degree or higher is required
· The recruitment, retention and ongoing development of an energetic and goal-oriented team
· The design, implementation and continuous improvement of annual operating plans that utilize best practices to create efficiencies and increase resources and visibility for the University
· The design and execution of University campaigns: targeted and comprehensive
· The personal cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of major and principal gift prospects, in partnership with the Chancellor
· The oversight of the University-wide marketing and communications functions in support of enrollment management, growth of academic programs, and the overall reputation and visibility of the institution
· The oversight of alumni relations activities that foster lifelong engagement with the University community
· The development and management of the divisional annual budget
· Serve as the President of the UW-Whitewater Foundation and is responsible for staffing, Foundation board meetings, and activities
· Cooperate fully with inquiries and audits related to the Foundation operations from both the University of Wisconsin System and the UW-Whitewater Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs and to promptly make corrections to any findings as requested
Founded in 1868, UW–Whitewater is one of eleven comprehensive universities in a public higher education system that also includes two doctoral institutions and a statewide Extension. UW-Whitewater’s main campus is located in Whitewater, with a branch campus in Rock County, in the city of Janesville. Together, these campuses form a preeminent academic institution driven by the pursuit of knowledge, powered by a spirit of innovation, and focused on transforming lives. UW-Whitewater’s campuses are located conveniently near Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago, and thus offer the advantage of beautiful small-town environments with easy access to the cultural and commercial opportunities of major metropolitan areas.
The Warhawk family — led by caring faculty and staff — is devoted to student success within a broad range of academic programs offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels. These include both on-campus and online programs, and span the disciplines, from the theoretical to the applied, and encompass study in the arts, business, education, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, technology, and professional and interdisciplinary programs.
UW-Whitewater has a special mission within the UW System to serve students with disabilities and, as such, embraces the principles of universal design and is one of the most accessible campuses in the nation. The campuses have more than 200 student organizations and UW-Whitewater’s intercollegiate athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division-III level. UW-Whitewater is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, building a diverse faculty and staff with expertise and interest in serving students with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, abilities and other distinct characteristics in respectful, sensitive and understanding ways. The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is part of the 13-campus University of Wisconsin System ( https://www.wisconsin.edu ).
Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(b) provides that applicants may indicate in writing that their identity should be kept confidential. In response to a public records request, the University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wisconsin Statute 19.36(7)(a).
Per Regent Policy Document 20-19, University of Wisconsin System Criminal Background Check Policy and UW System Administrative Policy 1275 Recruitment Policies, UW-Whitewater requires criminal background checks as a contingency to employment. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater requires that all employees be active participants in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
For UW-Whitewater Campus safety information and crime statistics/annual Security Report, see http://www.uww.edu/asfr . If you would like a paper copy of the report please contact the UW-Whitewater Police at 262-472-4660.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Well-qualified candidates can expect a salary commensurate with the candidate’s education, related experience, and qualifications.
UW System employees receive an excellent benefit package. To learn more about the UW System’s comprehensive benefit package, review the UW System Employee Benefits Brochure .
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources. UW-Whitewater is not an e-verify employer, therefore STEM extensions are not options for work authorization.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications received by April 3, 2023 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. The most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment or if you are unable to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact us at (262) 472-1072 or email@example.com .
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
Only complete application packages will be considered. This includes online submission of the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact information for three professional references
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here:
UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here:
UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.
Apply Online FAQ's
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert