Early College Enrollment Counselor and Recruiter
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar, Counseling, Financial Aid, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Join Us at Lake-Sumter State College
Located in the heart of Florida, Lake-Sumter State College provides students with the opportunity to pursue their goals and join Florida’s dynamic workforce. We embrace our mission as a community college to increase access and opportunity for all learners in the communities we serve.
Under the leadership of President Heather Bigard, we are embarking on a bold journey to transform the ways in which we connect and educate our students while embracing our rich history of high-quality education and personalized student support services. We currently serve over 6,500 students each year and plan to grow to over 10,000 in the next several years.
The rapid growth in the Orlando metropolitan area, and particularly in our service area of Lake and Sumter Counties, is driving growth, innovation, and workforce demand in an array of industries offering high-skill, high-wage positions. By rapidly adapting and responding to this demand, Lake-Sumter State College will continue to be the premier workforce engine driving training and education opportunities in these counties.
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
Reporting to the Director of Youth Outreach, the Early College Enrollment Counselor and Recruiter supports the recruitment and enrollment efforts of Lake-Sumter State College. The Enrollment Counselor and Recruiter assists in the planning and implementing an array of recruitment strategies. They must respond effectively to potential students who may be confused or demanding. This contact requires demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. The recruiter is expected to possess extensive knowledge about the College as a whole, curriculum, program policies, procedures, and student support services
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Specifically responsible for recruitment in Early College Programs at the college, including Dual Enrollment, TRIO Talent Search, Kids’ College, Xploration courses, Emerging Lakehawks, and the various Early College Academies.
- Participate in recruitment travel to high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, community partners, and community events to promote college.
- Conduct presentations on college readiness, financial aid, and early college programs in person and virtually.
- Expand awareness and separate interest in the college through highly active student recruitment tactics for traditional and young learners.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships and relationships with local K-12 schools, as well as with business and industry partners.
- Maintain student interactions in the prospective student database.
- Assists in developing recruitment and marketing materials and recruitment summary reports.
- Provides guidance and support to AIT Leadership students and Emerging Lakehawk students regarding academic admissions requirements, admissions policies and procedures, and college readiness strategies in person, in group settings, by telephone, correspondence, email, text message and virtual forums.
- Individuals in this position possess a general level of knowledge on a wide variety of topics including, college programs, degrees, certificates, financial aid, campus activities, scholarships, and continuing education opportunities.
- Meets with prospective students to provide campus tours and assist in the enrollment process.
- Assist with Kids’ College and other special events and programs as needed.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the admissions team, academic advisors, financial aid, early college programs, and other internal and external college stakeholders.
- Assists in processing applicable admissions and financial aid forms when needed.
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations
Associates degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in admissions, recruitment, or college student services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College’s standards of ethical conduct.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
- Strong service orientation, and ability to effectively work as member, or leader, of a team by cooperating with others, offering to help others when needed and considering larger organizational goals rather than individual concerns. Includes the ability to build &/or support a constructive team spirit where members are committed to the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Plan, organize and successfully multitask to meet multiple deadlines and frequently new work tasks within required timeframes. Proven flexibility to successfully work on diversified projects at a fast and accurate pace.
- Effectively manage change and adaptability
- Adheres to all workplace safety rules, safety laws, regulations, standards and practices
- Ability to work various hours including nights, early morning and weekends
- Ability to travel amongst various campuses and attend College events, or off campus, as required.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert