IT Support Analyst
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
IT Support Analyst
Job ID: 255519
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Armstrong Campus - Savannah, GA
Student Technology Fee
The IT Support Analyst will provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to end users on various issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA. The IT Support Analyst must have excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations. The IT Support Analyst will also perform root cause analysis, develop documentation for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment.
- Administer solutions for modern management of endpoints and applications; support platform software upgrades, workstation patching/compliance, and application delivery
- Engage in the continuous improvement of endpoint administration including automation, monitoring, patching, backup/recovery, etc. by applying industry standards and best practices
- Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority, and nature
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, and other computer and telecommunications equipment
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases; Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades
- Act as a technical leader in a consultative role for customers to understand specific application requests and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Functions as the key contact for IT requests from a broad range of users for technical support. Provides consultation and support; communicates effectively to convey complex technical information
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year experience in related work, including customer service experience
$18.41 - $19.23 per hour
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Capacity for quick response to customer needs
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot common desktop/client/server problems and escalate advanced issues
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to frequent change
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of application servers and installed information systems
- Knowledgeable about hardware and software, integrated systems, and event driven programs
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Effective, problem-solving, time management, analytical, and detail orientation skills
Apply Before Date
March 24, 2023
Application review may begin on March 8, 2023.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at email@example.com .
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work generally performed in office environment
- May be required to walk/navigate support areas
- May be required to climb ladder
- Requires after hours on call service
- Position of Trust
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=255519&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert